D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By undeadone069
#297103 ok 2 days ago my water pump went out. i had to replace it the gear was all wobely and it was leaking. well it messed up the inside edge of my timing belt.just a little wear nothing much. from hitting the side of the motor. it seemed to be running fine after i replaced the pump and i was going to pick up a new timing belt. i was doing about 60-65 on the highway and the belt snapped in half. and i coasted over to the gas station. had my friend go pick up the belt and we put it on. now i hear my valve tappin real loud. and its skipping becouse of piston #1 isnt firing right. the motor is a d16z6. would it have bent my valves when this happened or is it possible that we just got it 1 notch out of time?
By dawg316
#297108 compression and leak down test. see if you got propper compression on all cylinder. then do a leak down test. most likley you bent your valves. interference motors ftl :(
By undeadone069
#297146 ok guys ty.... looks like this eg is over. time to get money for a new one... been wanting to go to a coupe or hatch anyway.
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:Or just spend $100 on a new used head. :wink:

ftw
By d-mon
teal_dx wrote:Or just spend $100 on a new used head. :wink:

or replace the bent valves. stem seals too, while you're at it.
By jrhdominos
#297285 time for a swap son!!