D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By ggallinstyle
#296392 im sorry if this is posted some where already and i missed it. but heres my problem when ever my car get up to temp it wont hold a steady idle it wants to bawg down i checked the battery and alternator thos are fine i so i dont know where to go from here also i dont have any check engine lights
By ggallinstyle
#296393 also i should say that when up to temp if i am driving the car runs just fine perfect even
By teal_dx
#296427 Here's something to start: Image

Also do a search for idle and problem and you'll find a lot of threads & solutions about this, as it happens a lot on these cars. :thumb:
By ggallinstyle
#296435 so i was just out messing with it again and figured out i doesnt do it as bad until i turn my head lights on but i had the battery and alternator tested and they said it was fine
By ggallinstyle
#296440 now there is only one ground cable to the shock tower is that how its supposed to be
By TrailerTrash
#296441 other than the main ground to the battery there should be one from the tranny and one from the cam cover
By ggallinstyle
#296453 i think i may replace them tomorrow and try that i looked at them today and they have a lot of crud on them
By ggallinstyle
#296656 well i replaced the radiator and thermostat and bleed my cooling system and now i dont have a surging idle but when its warm i some times have a very low idle but not all the time ...... coolant temp sensor maybe?