D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By teal_dx
#295133 D15z6 ecu has a lower vtec crossover than the D16z6, so you might want to use a D16z6 ecu (P28) to get the maximum HP and efficiency of the D16z6 head. Also a p28 will have the correct fuel curves. :thumb:

Isn't the D15z6 a vtec-E motor? Also if the D15z6 head has the squared off combustion chambers (as a lot of OBD2 D series motors do) you'll lose a lot of compression by putting the D16z6 head on the D15z6 block because the D16z6 head has the larger round combustion chambers.
By motoxash
#295214 i have the p28 ecu and the inlet of the the d16z6 will the ob2 loom plug across as its already vtec or will i need to find a loom ?
By motoxash
#295276 g news then would the y8 head gasket rais the compression ? i mite just do the swap then build another bottom end for it higher comp pistons :)
By motoxash
#295588 i need to get high comp pistons as well then ok should be all good ill have a chat with the misses then lol anything else i should be aware of needing to change
By teal_dx
#295597 You may need an adjustable cam gear to get the timing perfect. Some mini-me combos put the timing 1/2 a tooth off. ex. z6 head on a D15b7 block. I'm not sure about your scenario but it wouldn't hurt to have one ready. :thumb:
Other than that it's your standard mini-me swap plus some high comp pistons. Just be sure to clay the chamber first to be sure everything clears. If you're replacing pistons, you may want to consider a full rebuild if the miles are high. Ohhh it's getting expensive... :D
By motoxash
#295619 agh well im getin gthe money back its project for a friend he wants to spend some money any way im doing a staright d16z6 swap i want boost :hehe: