D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By kc12305
#293813 ok im goign to install a d seris d16z6 intake on my 99 cx hatch what would be the right way of going about this step ?
By Ajax1989
#293816 its a stright swap just keep your obd2 sensors and injectors
By teal_dx
#293823 A couple of things to look at...
1. does the z6 IM have the same vacuum ports as the OBD2 cx IM? If the z6 has less ports, you'll need to get creative with vacuum lines. Pretty sure your OBD2 IM will have more lines because of the extra emissions (evap purge on front of IM, cold start assist lines)
2. may need to extend a line if the fuel pressure reg is on the opposite side of the fuel rail (I think OBD1 is on the right, OBD 2 might be on the left)
3. consider a bigger throttle body to go along with the z6 intake manifold instead of the tiny CX throttle body which will not be the bottle neck in getting air to your engine.
By kc12305
#293874 well here are a few things i have a vac block for my turbo biuld i can use to work the vac lines .
also what is a IM? and im going to use the throttle body from the d16 manifold cause im going to a yard to get one and im going to rip it out of a series motor
By suspendedHatch
#294020 Checked wiki and apparently it's a D16Y7. The throttle body points upwards so this isn't going to work.
By Apexracing
#294027 and the cx head has smaller ports any ways i believe so adding a different intake would be a wasted effort.
By kc12305
#294093 welll i ended up getting a z6 intake i think im not sure how to tell but it has po6 on the back of it so im not sure if taht tells me anything but im going to see if i can use it