D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Apexracing
#294508 yup that valve remove it and clean it out with carb cleaner. when all else fails my 93 accord had pulsing idle i sprayed around the intake manifold gasket and low and behold it leaked. so i replaced it.
By TrailerTrash
#294510 my idles fine its pulsing from like 1,800 to 2,500rpms and only while driving
By TrailerTrash
#294685 drove about 30 miles today with about 5 stops. shut it off and restarted it right away without a problem. I think the problem is fixed finally.
By TrailerTrash
#295150 well I took a can of carb cleaner and sprayed every gasket, seal vacuum line and everything else I could possibly find. no leaks at all :(

Apexracing wrote:yup that valve remove it and clean it out with carb cleaner. when all else fails my 93 accord had pulsing idle i sprayed around the intake manifold gasket and low and behold it leaked. so i replaced it.

so I just take the plate off and spray this thing with some carb cleaner?
By Apexracing
#295153 Back that white screw out all the way and pull out the guts and realy clean and wipe them down. Then put it back together
By TrailerTrash
Apexracing wrote:Back that white screw out all the way and pull out the guts and realy clean and wipe them down. Then put it back together

plan on making a tool to unscrew that white thing and cleaning it this weekend. a screwdriver dont cut it.

stopped at the gas station tonight and came back out to the same damn starting issue again... almost 200 miles and dozens of stops without aa problem then bam... :x :x :x WTF! and no code either

changing my engine coolant tempature sensor this weekend. i bought it last weekend and didnt install it after the IAT sensor seemed to fix the problem. hopefully it helps i seriously dont know what else to do anymore

:(
By Apexracing
#295249 did you check all of your grounds. Just asking, also i would grab another ecu and try that out.
By TrailerTrash
Apexracing wrote:did you check all of your grounds. Just asking, also i would grab another ecu and try that out.

yeah ive checked and rechecked the grounds. ill have to check around and see if anyone i know has a spare p28 layin around
By TrailerTrash
#295349 couldnt get ahold of a p28 but I do have a p06 in my garage I guess I can try it if the coolant temp sensor doesnt help at all.

speaking of which im pretty sure thats the problem cause it was idleing perfect and i unplugged the CTS and right away the revs kicked up and got sputtery. plugged it back in and went back to normal. crossin my fingers.

on a side note anyone know what this top metal tube at the top of the throttle body is for? some kinda tube supposed to go somewhere?

and i was looking at my injectors and something caught my eye... i know the wires are electrical taped together:roll: but whats with the extra wire thats been cut off? my cars quite the hackjob in quite a few ways so who knows where these came from. any input on the injectors will help. someone said about injectors could be causing the pulsing revs? im going to the junkyard tomarrow to price a complete intake manifold setup with all the sensors and injectors blah blah blah. might do a Y8 manny swap
Image :roll:
By Apexracing
#295351 That white thing isnt a wire lol
By TrailerTrash
#295352 looks like a snipped off wire :? :lol:

will z6 injectors work on a d15b?
By teal_dx
#295353 That white thing is just a plastic num that they have - not sure why it is even there :?

As long as both sets of injectors are OBD1, they'll plug right in :thumb: No need for a resistor box or anything.
By Apexracing
#295394 heres a shot of my stock d16z6 intake manifold

Heres where that nipple off the throttle body should go.

Goes down to the charcoal canister. If you need any other pictures lmk.
By anya2dgre
#295423 Try pulling out each of your plug wires and checking if there is any oil in there. Then you might have to reseal your tappet pan and the seals around the spark plug holes. It happened to me recently.
By TrailerTrash
teal_dx wrote:That white thing is just a plastic num that they have - not sure why it is even there :?

As long as both sets of injectors are OBD1, they'll plug right in :thumb: No need for a resistor box or anything.

sweet thats what i wanted to know :thumb:

Apexracing wrote:heres a shot of my stock d16z6 intake manifold

Heres where that nipple off the throttle body should go.

Goes down to the charcoal canister. If you need any other pictures lmk.

ok cool. ill compare the pics to mine tomarrow im not sure where the hoses from my charcoal caanister are running to. my car is pretty much the definition of slapped together :lol: