D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By TrailerTrash
#292969 I'm going to try to explain this issue the best I can...

say im pulling away from a stop light easy on the gas revving to about 2.5k each shift. from about 1,800-2,500rpms the engine seems to pulsate... its very noticable like someone is gentle easing on the gas pedal yet pumping it slightly at the same time...kinda like
brrrrrrrrrrrrr rub rub rub rub rub rub rub rrrrrrrrrrr

the pulsating is fairly fast and its noticable in the exhaust tone and engine noice and you can feel the car "jumping". if I hold it in that rpm range it will just keep doing it. from idle to 1bout 1800 no problem and from about 2500 to redline no problem.

car runs great no CEL misses or any other issues. I had this problem about a year and a half ago and I just ignored it and when I changed my spark plugs it stopped it all together... then it started happening again in the last month or so and its EVERY TIME i pull out. its mainly noticable in 2nd and 3rd gear in guessing cause of the engine load, car speed, whatever.

so last week I gave the car a tuneup. new fuel filter, cap, rotor, plugs, and plug wires. no change whatsoever. this is very annoying and I know its not supposed to be doing this...

maybe a better explination would be when you are driving very slow in first gear and it kinda chuggs along slightly bucking... thats kinda what its like only faster and not as "bucky" lol doesnt do it just revving it up in neutral or with the clutch pushed in. only when driving

I hope this wasnt too hard to understand... thanks for reading please help
Last edited by TrailerTrash on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By slowj1
#292974 IAC Valve?
By Apexracing
#293013 I'm going with a bad distributor, or you have a bad injector or multiple bad injectors. If the idle is consistent then i wouldnt think the iacv or the fitcv would be the issue. Also did you change the in tank screen on the fuel pickup, or the inline filter? most people forget about the screen.
By TrailerTrash
Apexracing wrote:I'm going with a bad distributor, or you have a bad injector or multiple bad injectors. If the idle is consistent then i wouldnt think the iacv or the fitcv would be the issue. Also did you change the in tank screen on the fuel pickup, or the inline filter? most people forget about the screen.

i didnt even know there was a screen :?
By Apexracing
TrailerTrash wrote:
Apexracing wrote:I'm going with a bad distributor, or you have a bad injector or multiple bad injectors. If the idle is consistent then i wouldnt think the iacv or the fitcv would be the issue. Also did you change the in tank screen on the fuel pickup, or the inline filter? most people forget about the screen.

i didnt even know there was a screen :?

There was one on the sedan i had. changed the tank, and the fuel pickup had a white screen bag looking thing on the end.
By TrailerTrash
#293146 ohh I know what your taalking about now. I actually never checked out the fuel pump or even had the back seat out of the car... I do know the inline filter was so filled with gunk it probably was the factory filter :thumbdown:

anyone know what dizzy and/or injectors are good for a jdm d15b?
By Apexracing
#293148 I know my si has 207k i really should change the factory filter, same as my coupe which has 247k hehe :roll:
By TrailerTrash
#293258 Well the problem is still there and today something else started happening...

once in a great while when I stall the car and go to restart it, it wont want to start. it will crank and crank and crank and the only way to get it to start is to floor it and it will sputter to life then idle way high at almost 2 grand and will hesitate and sputter if u try to rev it up... it would only happen once in awhile, would go away shortly after, and would only happen when stalled so i never thought anything of it.

then in like the last week it started happening more and more and today its been the worst ever. out of the like 7 times ive shut my car off without stalling its done it like 5 times. just shut the car off, then when i go to start it again it has the same issue. it can vary slightly... 1 of 3 things happens when i try to start it... 1 is it starts up no problem and runs perfect. 2 is it starts up fine but sputters and misses for a minute or so then is fine. and 3 is what i described above. only now its not going away no matter what i do other than shutting the car off for awhile and hoping it starts back up. and it doesnt just idle high it runs high going down the road its like the throttle is sticking but its not ive checked that.

no check engine light whatsoever... i thought maybe AICV? but as far as i know thats just an idle thing not something that would matter when actually driving and i dont think that would cause it not to start. im going to clean it tomarrow anyway

:?

the only thing I can figure is the dizzy as said above... or igntitor? or the coil? I really have no idea im at a loss and this is my DD it blows please help :cry:
By Apexracing
#293262 My buddys ef had those stall sputter symptoms and he replaced his dizy
By eg-guy
#293318 I would replace the coil and icm.
By suspendedHatch
#293323 IACV isn't active at that RPM.

Test the coil and ignitor. Could also be a distributor sensor, but those are harder to test.
By z6civic249
#293332 My z6 was doing the exact same thing. I replaced my Iacv and the old hose that connected it to the manifold. it colapsed and i didnt notice it. I also changed my fuel filter. That fixed that die and stall.

After that I still had the bouncy idle. Found out I had a blown head gasket. So check all that.
By stubrun
#293335 My last b16 did the same thing as you mate and it was the Icm. That was annoying as fook, pulling away it hesitated until 3.5k then revved fine. Stuart
By TrailerTrash
#293367 well I checked around with my buddies and nobody has any dizzys or parts that i can use to narrow the problem down... today it started fine after sitting overnight and ran fine for about 2 minutes the started sputtering and died then didnt wanna start.... then i had the problems above a few times tonight... I'm gunna start buying parts till I find the problem I guess...

The parts you guys suggest are...
dizzy
ICM
Coil
Ignitor

i could buy all those parts individually or I found this
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... _121311_0_

this looks like the dizzy with everything(coil icm ignitor) already included?
and with a $90 core it sure seems like a goodass deal to me.

input please you guys are a big help
By Apexracing
TrailerTrash wrote:well I checked around with my buddies and nobody has any dizzys or parts that i can use to narrow the problem down... today it started fine after sitting overnight and ran fine for about 2 minutes the started sputtering and died then didnt wanna start.... then i had the problems above a few times tonight... I'm gunna start buying parts till I find the problem I guess...

The parts you guys suggest are...
dizzy
ICM
Coil
Ignitor

i could buy all those parts individually or I found this
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... _121311_0_

this looks like the dizzy with everything(coil icm ignitor) already included?
and with a $90 core it sure seems like a goodass deal to me.

input please you guys are a big help

Looks like its for a z6 cardone makes good brake parts i know are good.