D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By kc12305
#289683 ok guys i need some really good advice here im going to be doing a motor swap at the end of the month and im going to taking my d16 v-tec motor and putting it in to a hatch back shell and i was wondering if i have to take both ecus and all the wires out of the whole car or is it just the motor harnest ?.. well let me know exactly what i need to do or what i might have to look for cause i know i need the things out of my sedan motor ecu and the wiring harnest cause i never done this before and i want to make sure i get alll my info right before i start wrenching in to this
here si what im working with as of now this is a pic of my motor and what i have to put in hatch back so let me honestly know cause im dumb to this sort of thing i have a few guys coming with a trailer and the hatch back the guys know alot about this but i want to know incase they miss something thanks honda eg :)
By FG2_Andrew
#289689 the motor harness will connect right up, with the exception of not having vtec wiring run on the hatch. (correct me if i'm wrong guys)

first, just worry about getting the motor in the hatch! since you have a donor car, swap EVERYTHING out of it, gut the hatch and replace all the pieces. if it was swapping the motor you picked up on CL, that'd be a different story.
By kc12305
#289699 ok cause that is what i was going to do is gut it the hatch