D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Andytastic
#289263 I have a 94 CX with the D15B8 (non v-tec OBD1) and I just picked up a D16Y8 (v-tec OBD2) I was wondering if it is worth the hassle for the OBD 1-2 switch or if I can make my wiring work and just add the v-tec wiring. Any help from someone who has done this would be greatly appreciated.
By EJ1_MK
#289264 Either way you will have to change out the dizzy and all the sensors on the head to keep it OBD1 easier to just find a ex or si engine harness and use it to do the conversion with as well as all the sensors you would need. or find someone to selling a complete Z6 swap with harness and pick it up.
By Andytastic
#289266 Can I just use my dizzy and sensors from the old head and basically follow the Mini-me DIY?
By EJ1_MK
#289267 You will need a d15b7 dizzy for that head to make it work right there are a ton of right ups on it d-series.org most sensors should work, might need to change out the coolant ones though so that v-tec engages properly as well as the oil pressure sender unit. My friend was going to put a complete y8 into his 95 coupe and we found this info out so he is using the block and putting a z6 head onto it.
By teal_dx
#289309 or an obd1 to obd2 alternator harness is $35

https://www.google.com/#q=obd1+obd2+alt ... qf.,cf.osb

Ignore the knock sensor and cfk sensor on the block. Also the injector slips will be different.
By Andytastic
#292287 I have a D16Y8 for sale :) I am just gonna get a JDM DZ16 (DOHC) a little over $1000 delivered w/ ECU
By teal_dx
Andytastic wrote:I have a D16Y8 for sale :) I am just gonna get a JDM DZ16 (DOHC) a little over $1000 delivered w/ ECU

I don't know of a JDM DZ16... do you mean JDM DOHC ZC?
That's an old motor, I think your $$ could be better spent buying a LS swap for under $1k.
Or go with a JDM D15b for about half the cost and power will be about the same PLUS you'll have vtec.