D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By FG2_Andrew
#289254 so, i FINALLY got all my lines fixed/hooked up. swapped in a d15b7 to my hatch.. here's my specs.

'93 hatch CX
swapped d15b7
d16z6 intake mani and throttle body
p06 ecu

when i start my car, there is a small amount of "blueish/grayish" smoke.. which is oil, i know. but when i accel or decel i DUMP stupid amounts of oil. but, i don't seem to be losing any oil. so it has to be a small amount. does that sound like valve seal or rings? very similar to the video i am posting below. but mine is more smoke than that.. hoping someone can shed some light on this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL1jKxYxVBE
By teal_dx
#289261 The way to tell is to do a compression test. Record the #'s and then squirt a little oil in each cyl. The oil will help seal the gap of the rings if they are worn. So if your compression #'s are higher after squirtiing the oil, then it is the rings.
If it is the same, then it is the valve seals. :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#289305 thanks Brian!
By Apexracing
#289404 and the results?
By FG2_Andrew
#289452 nothing yet. i gotta wait until payday. because i'll need to buy a compression tester, and hopefully just vss. if it's rings, i'm just ordering a "new" motor.
By Apexracing
EH2_andy wrote:nothing yet. i gotta wait until payday. because i'll need to buy a compression tester, and hopefully just vss. if it's rings, i'm just ordering a "new" motor.

Jdm :hehe:
By FG2_Andrew
#289483 had a jdm d15b lined up. kid wanted $400, i offered $450 if he'd hold it. he said, "my buddy has $400 cash and can get it to me Friday, so i'm selling to him."

i responded with, "fuck off you craigslist faggot."

Zerolift won't respond to my emails or phone calls, so it looks like i have to wait 2 more weeks to order it from TigerJap.
By Apexracing
EH2_andy wrote:had a jdm d15b lined up. kid wanted $400, i offered $450 if he'd hold it. he said, "my buddy has $400 cash and can get it to me Friday, so i'm selling to him."

i responded with, "fuck off you craigslist faggot."

Zerolift won't respond to my emails or phone calls, so it looks like i have to wait 2 more weeks to order it from TigerJap.

Have you gotten a quote from hmotorsonline.com? they have been great from what i've heard.
By FG2_Andrew
#289512 Hmotors wants 7 or 800 for just the motor. I can get it from TJap for 700 shipped to my door.