D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By rmp705
#287406 thought this was goin to be easy
i have a d16a6 block and a z6 head

i am looking for a timing belt for it
i have tried multiple 104 tooth belts 106 and now even the 103 tooth belt for the 94 vx

they r all to big

tensioner i read is specific to each block so i have the a6 tensioner a6 water pump

cam gear i do not know if it is stock
if someone can send a pic of a stock one

the belt that was on before was also loose but is now broken so i can not jus put it back on

if anyone can help that would be awesome
By TrailerTrash
#287451 im sure someone on here knows the exact belt you need to use but anyway...

heres the only 2 versions of a stock cam gear that i know of

now you can either count the teeth on your old timing belt or read the part number on it so you know which one to get.

the old one was probably loose because the tensioner wasnt adjusted correctly/it was shot.
By d-mon
TrailerTrash wrote:im sure someone on here knows the exact belt you need to use but anyway...

now you can either count the teeth on your old timing belt or read the part number on it so you know which one to get.

the old one was probably loose because the tensioner wasnt adjusted correctly/it was shot.

they have the same # of teeth, just indexed differently.
op use a d16z6 timing belt, d16z6 water pump, d16z6 cam gear, and d16z6 tensioner.
By teal_dx
TrailerTrash wrote:/2498/iwnte3ntk3nnm0mtnkzmqzmxk1nde3.jpg[/img]

the top one looks like a D16z6 and the bottom one looks like a D16y8.

It's been a while since I've looked at a D15b7, but I think it looks alot like the D16z6.
By d-mon
teal_dx wrote:
It's been a while since I've looked at a D15b7, but I think it looks alot like the D16z6.

they have the same part #
D15B7 14210-PM3-000 011 001 PULLEY, TIMING BELT DRIVEN
D16Z6 14210-PM3-000 011 001 PULLEY, TIMING BELT DRIVEN
By TrailerTrash
#287628 I know they are the same but he wanted to know what stock ones look like
sorry i guess :?
By 92civic_vx
#287639 i have a d16a6/z6 mini me in my hatch. i used the a6 water pump and the z6 timingbelt. going on almost 2 yrs since i did the swap and have had no problems. :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#287806 generally u want to use the timing belt for the head u are using..

:thumb:
By rmp705
TrailerTrash wrote:im sure someone on here knows the exact belt you need to use but anyway...

i have the top one

and as far as using the z6 water pump it would not fit on the a6 block

i did count the teeth from the original belt and it was 104 from honda