D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By JohnRM
#287380 NGK's are one of the OEM brands, right? I personally go with NGK's with my car
By Apexracing
#287384 Yes ngks are oem but so are densos lol decisions decisions.
By Chambers
#287415 I put NGK in all of my Japanese engines, they haven’t let me down yet so I think they are the best. I have used almost all grades they offer.
By tegpower18
#287425 In reality I dont think you can go wrong with either one
By Apexracing
#287426 Yea ive never tried densos so i might give them a go, and get the ngk wire set
By Hatch-O-Doom
#287434 I have used NGKs in all my Cars, switched to Denso for a bit and I went right back to NGKs.
By Apexracing
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:I have used NGKs in all my Cars, switched to Denso for a bit and I went right back to NGKs.

Any particular reason? Im just trying to gather some opinions and info
By JohnRM
#287444 I'm not sure if it's easy to get Denso's where you live, but we have to special order them in any autoparts shop. NGK's are always on the shelf. Either NGK or Denso works I guess; they're both OEM brand.
By Apexracing
#287446 All 3 of my local advance autos stock densos. Ive never used them and i was curious about if there was any difference. Is there a ngk iridum plug for our cars? I know my fa sedan and my ep3 use them
By JohnRM
#287450 There is. I've never tried them though
By Hatch-O-Doom
Apexracing wrote:
Hatch-O-Doom wrote:I have used NGKs in all my Cars, switched to Denso for a bit and I went right back to NGKs.

Any particular reason? Im just trying to gather some opinions and info

When I was running my DSM's I was getting spark blow out with Denso's
Keeping in mind I was running High boost on them. NGK's seemed to keep the spark goin and never gave me a problem.

NGK's were also the only plug aviabale for my Evo IX. as it was alot sorter then any other plug and cost the most.

in my current set up I am also running NGK's

just something I prefere from my past experiences.
By Apexracing
#287605 Yea ive always ran the ngk iridums even im my ix. Guess ill stick with them lol
By JUICE
#287608 I've always ran NGK's. I can't complain, I get my BKR7E's off a guy on ebay for $9 a pack sent to my doorstep. i just have to hammer them down a bit to a .025" gap.
By Hatch-O-Doom
Apexracing wrote:Yea ive always ran the ngk iridums even im my ix. Guess ill stick with them lol

Got a Evo IX too? I just sold mine!

I def. dont recomend using anything else! The IX's have a very spacific lengts and the Stock iridums are well worth it... Never blow out... and if you are having blow out issue anywhere 35+PSI just get a COP system and it fixs it... I had 35psi on mine and still had a very strong spark...
Buddy on his 8 had blow out at 27psi so its just proves the NGKs are fucking badass!