D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By civiceg89
#287129 This engine is from CRX 1gen!(engine is Browntop!)(CRX is crahed!) So,i want to do this swap! But i have some little trouble! I have the engine,gearbox,all wires and ECU(PJ1)! But dizzy and CYP sensor are broke! In my country i can't find! What i can to do with this? And what i need to do with instalation under the hood? There are different engine mount! Stock engine is D15b2!

P.S. Sorry for my english!
By cxcivic14
#287439 just did a zc dohc ob0 converted to obd1 okay i used eg axles dx tranny zc block zc head td43u distributor obd! then z6 sohc intake mannny with a zc speed dohc to sohc manifold plate and s2000 throttle body, z6 wireing harness with p28 ecu with p29 chip from winfab tunning, dont know if that helped you or anything.
By cxcivic14
#287440 also used the d regular d series engine mounts from my old z6
By civiceg89
cxcivic14 wrote:also used the d regular d series engine mounts from my old z6
this ZC has the mount on the front side of the engine toward the radiator, not on the end of the block like the EG8!
By civiceg89
cxcivic14 wrote:just did a zc dohc ob0 converted to obd1 okay i used eg axles dx tranny zc block zc head td43u distributor obd! then z6 sohc intake mannny with a zc speed dohc to sohc manifold plate and s2000 throttle body, z6 wireing harness with p28 ecu with p29 chip from winfab tunning, dont know if that helped you or anything.
your ZC is 1? from CRX mk1? Browntop?
By Apexracing
#287546 Try searching around dseries.org im sure its been covered on there.
By cxcivic14
#288274 no black top one but they should all work the same is yours obd0?
By Classiccarsrule85
#288324 if you have the browntop thats outa a 1st gen crx/1st gen integra.... i know this block because my buddy showed me the difference once and the way he ended up putting it in his 2nd gen rex was pretty much make a custom mount and even then it dosent look right...to tell you the truth it wont fit unless you do some fair amount of fab work and even then i do believe the distributor is different from the rest the engine you have more closely resembles our d16a1 here in the u.s. what you want is the 88-91 or 92-95 dohc zc to make this easy and practically a drop in situation. not saying your engine wont work its just going to take alot more work then just getting another dohc zc

also its kind of weird if the stock engine is a d15b2 in that crx but if its in your car ok i understand now....

other issues youll encounter since this will of coarse if you still plan on using it be a pain in the rear

the transmission unless you do a custom job you cant use any other then that one you got out of the crx which also entails that the mounts are also different from the eg or ef if you look at flyingryans build he uses the same trans you have but has to do custom work to get it to work in his civic the other issue you might run into is that the trans is cable while on egs its hydro....so you got that mess to deal with as well....

helpful link at least you can somewhat use the head off the engine
http://www.d-series.org/forums/dohc-zc/ ... hc-zc.html

also try the good ole
thezcr.com

good reference for dohc d's and also

redpepperracing.com

i wanted to do a dohc zc swap in my hatch once but ended up not doing it but ive worked with dohc zcs a few times and swapped one into my buddies ef hatch so i will say this save yourself the headace and get a different dohc zc 88-95 or just stay sohc this way may save you alot more as well....

and if your car is obd0 with the dpfi setup which i remember the d15b2 having stock you may want to convert to mpfi and youll definitely experience alot more power

hope this helps and i hope im referring to the right engine from what you said since the d16a1 dohc zc which 1stgen crx/integra have their mounts infront of the engine not to the side like you need it