D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By biretsu89
#68102 I will be trying this out soon as possible.... I keep lookin for renting a dam hoist... but the places are far as hell!... I was about to buy one.. but i dont wana fuckin spend 200 bucks on a hoiste!... If i accidentally drop the old motor.. oh well :? haha

Nice write up!
By biretsu89
#74461 Image

I didnt have to mess with the transmission mount at all though... All I did was unscrew one bolt and that was it for that mount.
By Macster
#77448 I dropped my engine out the bottom earlier this summer but i used a forklift to jack up the car and drop the motor what ever works tho right.
By singleSLAM
#78905 good pictures! Now I know how I can do my next swap. Especially the idea about the rolling board :thumb: Pretty easy stuff.
By biretsu89
#78907 yes... it was actually way easier than i thought.... putting the motor back in is a little bit difficult.... but possible... dropping the motor was freakin way hella easy :thumb:
By singleSLAM
#78910 how difficult does it seem like?
By BlackegBigH
#143688 javascript:emoticon(':thumb:') im new to the basic d-series swap and this write up is good because it's basic and simple....
By parisp91
#152717 Im bout to leave right now nd do the exact same thing...wit a little head start so it shudd be pretty easy
By h22bubbleboy
#166074 mad skills... props on this i took mine out from top...being it was my first time it took me days lmao...n even longer putting my h in there now thing i want to know is can i pull my h series out through the bottom and also put it back in through the bottom??? need i remind you its in a eg hatch... let me know asap i will be taking the beast out for the winter to do wire tuck for the motor and a few other things
By teal_dx
#166077 that sounds like it would be difficult with the alternator being up front and the intake mani being closer to the firewall. I'd take those things off first.
By Method
#166094 teal i think you need a bigger floor jack, or get one of those old rail road junks of wood, the real big thick solid peices of wood.
By Jdm_Freak
#170377 Would it be easier to remove the intake mani?
By teal_dx
#170381 That would give you some more room... I just hate trying to get that lower middle bolt off :x And replacing the IM gasket.

but if you plan on taking the motor apart anyways then you might as well :thumb:
By eg84dr
#170666 some one told me that it wouldnt clear the steering rack if u take it out the bottom
welll i guess they are wrong im taking her out the bottom from now on :thumb:
By dbrooks
#181599 Very very VERY useful! Thanks teal!