D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By civic eg-k
#278314 Has anyone heard of these guys I was lookin up some stuff and dug this up http://www.fjdistributors.com/

these would be great for turbo charging and not hav to worry about weak rods any more.
By d-mon
#278432 fj distributors is an excellent source for aftermarket products.
keep in mind that his usdm d15 rods are longer and specifically designed to be used with vitaras (which he also sells).
By eg-guy
#278466 im in for this to
By d-mon
#278467 fj occasionally does small batches of USDM d15 rods.
the jdm d15b rods are slightly shorter than std length d16 rods (137mm)
By d-mon
civic eg-k wrote:So in order to use them what would I need to do to my block and crank?

for your block and crank, nothing. just order the correct rods/bearings and vitara pistons and rings.
back in august:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/d-series ... -rods.html
i would contact fj distributors and ask if he has any usdm d15 rods left, or when the next batch will be run.
i believe the go pretty quickly.
By civic eg-k
#278485 Well I sent them a message and this is what I got.

Thank you for your inquiry.

AT THIS TIME FJ AUTOMOTIVE IS NOT TAKING ANY NEW ORDERS. THIS MEASURE IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT OUR SHOP GOT BROKEN IN AND VANDALIZED BY THIEVES.

AT THIS TIME WE WOULD LIKE TO FOCUS ALL OF OUR EFFORTS INTO FULFILLING ALL PREVIOUS ORDERS TO CUSTOMERS, SPECIALLY THOSE THAT WERE STOLEN IN THIS INCIDENT.

WE ASK FOR EVERYONES PATIENCE WHILE WE DEAL WITH THIS DIFFICULT SITUATION.

ALL CUSTOMERS THAT HAD ORDERED CONNECTING RODS---> THESE WERE RE ORDERED AGAIN TO COVER THOSE THAT WERE STOLEN AND THEY ARE ALREADY IN THE PROCESS OF PRODUCTION.
ALL OTHER ORDERS PENDING ARE ALSO BEING WORKED AND SHALL BE EXPEDITED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

WE WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND DELAYS CAUSED BY THIS SITUATION.

Thank You.
FJ Automotive Distributing
By chrono404
#278500 Well he probally can, you just need to wait on ordering them. Eagle makes D16 rods, you can contact them and see about having custom length d15 rods made. They will also need aftermarket pistons, the Vitaras are still a good choice if your going boost.

If your not boosting, you wont be making over 200hp so you dont need rods.
By d-mon
#278593 damn, that sucks.
crower also makes usdm d15 rods but i believe they are >$700 for a set.
better to just find a good d16 block and crank and use eagles/vitaras.
RCautoworks also has custom length d16 rods as well.
one set of d15 rods left?
http://www.d-series.org/forums/d-series ... -left.html
By Matchi
#304277 D16 Rods doesnt work in d15 blocks as i know. (maybe the d15b will work)
By d-mon
Matchi wrote:D16 Rods doesnt work in d15 blocks as i know. (maybe the d15b will work)

with the d15b crank they will.
fj distributors is no longer active.
custom length d16 rods can be purchased from from RC Autoworks like I mentioned before.