D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By jmoshe
chilango41 wrote:Im kind of confused here. Could you explain it a little better.

I am considering replacing my non V-tec D15B defective engine... Could I purchase a D15B V-tec instead and have it installed ?... would there be any major differences.. ?
By jmoshe
chilango41 wrote:So you have a D15B7 and want to drop a JDM D15B? If so, you only need to wire up vtec :thumb:

What's included in wiring it up ? a new harness? or a set of wires?
By jmoshe
chilango41 wrote:A set of wires.

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-artic ... tec-40811/
I appreciate you taking the time to answer my stupid questions.. I am trying to get a feel what i need do do this job..... Do the wires come with the V-Tec or is it purchased seperately ?
By jmoshe
chilango41 wrote:There is never a stupid question :thumb:
Just wire vtec from your ecu to the harness on the motor.

So, the engine will come with the ecu ?
By AutoXCivic
jmoshe wrote:

Depends on where you are getting the engine. Some places may sell you the ecu with engine, some may not. Ask the seller if they are including the ECU. Also make sure it is the "good" D15B VTEC and not the vtec-e or three stage ctec or whatever it is.

If you aren't getting an ECU with the engine ... keep your eyes open for a p28.
By jmoshe
AutoXCivic wrote:
jmoshe wrote:

Depends on where you are getting the engine. Some places may sell you the ecu with engine, some may not. Ask the seller if they are including the ECU. Also make sure it is the "good" D15B VTEC and not the vtec-e or three stage ctec or whatever it is.

If you aren't getting an ECU with the engine ... keep your eyes open for a p28.

CHeck this out.... I am not familiar with a 'ZC' SOHC VTEC.. will this be a good replacement for my D15B non vtec ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true