D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By Honda4life
#239033 It's nice to see someone that doesn't mind getting dirty and building a motor. Keep us up on the updates and good luck with your build.
By Zen Chameleon
Honda4life wrote:It's nice to see someone that doesn't mind getting dirty and building a motor. Keep us up on the updates and good luck with your build.

Thankz man, I'll keep it posted :wink:
By chrono404
#239046 Nice build, You will want an adjustable cam gear or a d16y7/8 cam gear. Otherwise timing will be one tooth off, I helped a buddy put together a y7/z6 head minime. We put it in his Heavy 88 Civic Wagon with a DX Cable Transmission, He still managed to beat his Friends 91 Wagon with a B16 Swap in it. He had better tires then the B16 wagon, however he had 5-6 Cars on him. We were all very surprised to see how much quicker it was then the b16 Wagon.

When all is said and done, You should have a pretty quick setup here. :thumb:
By Zen Chameleon
chrono404 wrote:Nice build, You will want an adjustable cam gear or a d16y7/8 cam gear. Otherwise timing will be one tooth off, I helped a buddy put together a y7/z6 head minime. We put it in his Heavy 88 Civic Wagon with a DX Cable Transmission, He still managed to beat his Friends 91 Wagon with a B16 Swap in it. He had better tires then the B16 wagon, however he had 5-6 Cars on him. We were all very surprised to see how much quicker it was then the b16 Wagon.

When all is said and done, You should have a pretty quick setup here. :thumb:

Thankz man! Yeah the adjustable gear will be listed soon :wink:
I'm still juggling pistons and a cam but it will all come together soon enough
I really need to post up my y7 head to help move things along a little bit.
By Zen Chameleon
eg84dr wrote:good work on the diy! :thumb: :thumb:

I know every one likes pix so I do my best :thumb:
By Zen Chameleon
#241750 Dustin from Performance Porting was kind enough to send me some teaser pics. Enjoy :D

New: cam seal, valve seals, and retainers
EDIT: Added pics and sent my injectors to them today also.
Last edited by Zen Chameleon on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Simmons
#241954 Wow would like to do sumthing like this 1day :thumb:
By Zen Chameleon
#242086 Thankz! I've said that same thing before and now determination is what compels me :wink:
By Zen Chameleon
#242992 A few more preview shootz:

Remember this was a junkyard pulled head, and it had a couple bent valves and 2 of which had made sweet monkey love to the pistons. PPorting replaced those valves, milled .002 for flatness, and 3 angle valve job.

Great service from Dustin too, I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to get this thing back and to the next step ;)
Last edited by Zen Chameleon on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Zen Chameleon
#244178 Well my head is on it's way home :woot:

I updated the first post with this info....

D16Z6 Head:

Mild Port and Polish
3 angle valve job
SuperTech springs, new oem retainers
New oem cam and valve seals
Milled .003 for flatness
Hondata intake gasket
Freshly cleaned Z6 injectors
All Done by Performance Porting http://www.performanceporting.com/

Time to start getting the block lined out :wink:
By Ajax1989
#244179 cant wait :thumb:
By Zen Chameleon
#244260 I use to get so pumped up reading others build threads, now to have the chance to have my own and it's pretty dang cool :thumb:
By Zen Chameleon
#245782 Look what came in the mail today: AEM fuel rail, FPR, and gauge from 1Meanbitch

And my injectors all minty fresh from PPorting

And a quick test fit of both on my Z6 mani

cam seal for my camless head
Last edited by Zen Chameleon on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.