D15, D16, D17 and Mini-Me swaps
By teal_dx
#173681 see if the d15b7 one bolts up to the y8 intake. If so you should be able to use it.
I think I had to trim the back of my y8 IM a little to make the d15b7 IACV fit.
By fuhq2man
#176058 so my d16y8 throttle body has 3 electrical plugiins. 2 of which i dont have on my d15b7 (The one on the top and green one on bottom)+ 2 hose lines . my d15b7 has a vaccuum line and 3 hose lines. question what do i do with all the spare hoses, how does the map work ?? Pretty Much What is The Lowdown on the throttle body period. I AM A D15b7 auto trans hEADSWapping to D16y8 92 civic lx. I am beginning the headswap now and my head is enroute. Any help would be great!!! thanks guys.
By teal_dx
#176082 Use your D15b7 throttle body. Be sure the y8 intake manifold is from a manual car. The auto y8's have the IACV built into the throttle body.

You may need to do a T splitter if you don't have enough lines, as I did in the tutorial
By fuhq2man
#176091 So My D15b7 intake mani has 2 bolts and my y8 intake mani has 1 bolt for the iacv?? so what modifications do i need to make?? And if i have to end up having to get the y8 iacv what kind of modifications would i have to do their??
By fuhq2man
#176094 So My D15b7 intake mani has 2 bolts and my y8 intake mani has 1 bolt for the iacv?? so what modifications do i need to make?? And if i have to end up having to get the y8 iacv what kind of modifications would i have to do their??
By teal_dx
#176173 not sure exactly what you mean... pics?
My d15b7 intake manifold and my y8 intake manifold IACV's both had 2 bolts holding it on. They were interchangable. I've never seen an IACV that is held on with only 1 bolt :?
By fuhq2man
#176217 What about the throttle body i will post pics of both tb and intake mani but how did you go abut swapping tbs.
By teal_dx
#176233 throttle body is bolted to the intake manifold with 4 bolts. There's a throttle body gasket in between them too that you can re-use if you're careful, but better off to replace so you don't get any vacuum leaks.
By fuhq2man
#176253 Im talking about hoses and electrical man. The y8 components with the b7 components. What do you do? the map etc.??
By fuhq2man
#176274 thanks man, a little confusion but well on my way. great write up!
By 1updelsol
#177167 nice write up. whats the dif. between the z6 and y8 head?
By 1updelsol
#177253 sweet, ill look into it :hehe:
By nappyboyd3000
#181183 i have my motor pull and doin a mini me swap any one have pictures to post up on finish mini me...i need a close up pic on cam gear and crank gear.. i want to set my timing...thanks