A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Classiccarsrule85
#114250 http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_c ... 8tZmlhdA--

WTF man how come people dont know of fiat....i mean seriously the Fiat 500 was freaking awsome and I mean really? why is the title of the article "who the heck is Fiat" i mean really lets alienate arselves more from the rest of the world lol....

I mean chrystler is going under because well they suck along with alot of other auto makers of the US since they dont understand the consumer anymore plus they are cheaping out and creating stuff that just dosent last....I mean really the chevy commercials where people with "everyone", "they" etc are just stupid everyone dose know that imports exspecially honda and toyota retain their value more than a freaking chevy....

But yea im just sorta ticked off that people dont accept change dont accept help from others, And exspecially no diehard american would want a european manufacturer owning a peice of american history.....but really id rather have Fiat over Chrystler i mean the last chrystler i remember was the prowler and they dont make those anymore lol....
By chrono404
#114259 Most Americans dont know anything of the Auto Industry outside of America, Well maybe Besides Ferrari's, Lambos, Elise's, etc.

Crystler Product Quality is non existent. Theres a reason people are not buying there cars. They Suck. Much to my dismay my Grandparents had a Plymouth Voyager. Being that I work on my Hondas all the time I was always asked to work on that Pile. :thumbdown:

Who is the only American Car company to not go asking for Federal Money? Ford. Thats Right ford because they make Cars that people Want. Such as the new Feista and the Lincoln LS(sexyness), and The Taurus sho. The New Mustang is cool, However am not a Mustang fan.
By Faded_Milano
#114270 I'm pretty sure he only asked that question for rhetorical purposes. His article appears to answer his own question. Although I do think he is referring to the public. Why should they know? Many people see cars only as transportation, and if Fiat has not been on dealers' floors in America available for purchase since the 80's (which weren't very successful at selling), then there would be no reason to know about them. I would bet that most literate car enthusiasts know about Fiat. They have been featured in Automobile magazine, which indicates that at least thousands of people know of them. Jerry Seinfeld has a fiat 500 collection. There's a 500 in an episode of The Simpsons and in grand turismo 2 and 4, there's even a Fiat 500 in the pixar movie Cars. You have to remember that ideas can often be skewed by different media sources. You can hear two radically different stories about the same event on FOX and CNN.
I think it's a good idea, and will save Chrysler millions and billions in re-tooling and they will have access to sound and well supported platforms and engines.
much of what the American 3 have done can be justified with economics. In the 90's gas is cheap. Americans demanded more power and bigger size. The automakers make some serious dough off of these big porky vehicles, so they produce more. Even scion (owned by toyota) upped the size of the xB's engine to feed America's thirst for "get-up-and-go". Then, after much of the population has become accustomed to their plush SUV's and big V8's, we go to war with the people supplying us with oil, A few major natural disasters happen, the housing bubble explodes and gas prices soar. Now, supply of gas is low, demand is high. People can't afford their gas-guzzling habits, and they want more fuel efficient vehicles. The American auto industry is too big to move fast enough to adapt, think of it as a big semi-truck towing SUV's (ironic, I know). It has a lot of momentum, and it was driving pretty quickly when gas prices soared. Now it has to slow down, stop, find somewhere to put those SUV's, turn around, do a 30 point turn and go the other way in order to pick up the more fuel efficient cars. Alright, I'm done for the night, cheers.
By Classiccarsrule85
#114317 all good views on the subject....I also think the lack of european cars in teh states was mainly due to they did not have airbags (I was told that by a couple people awhile back) then the lotus came along and i think it started it all up again....pretty soon we may see some other car manufacturers from europe set up shop in the states and push the quality of the american cars up a notch or something since quality i really dont see it unless your into their mainstream cars such as the vette, the mustang, and the camaro.....or other high priced cars
By zeppelin101
chrono404 wrote:Most Americans dont know anything of the Auto Industry outside of America, Well maybe Besides Ferrari's, Lambos, Elise's, etc.

You mean Lotus ;)