A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By ej2??
#355711 Alright so i just got a 05 g35 turns out it has valve body issues the part is worth around 1000 bucks alone, so i bought i whole transmission in stead.the tranny is from a 04 upon further there is a 2004 and a 2004.5 looking into it at some point in 04 they changed the transmission which is what the 4.5 and up got. now my problem is i dont know if the trans is a 04 or 04.5.i thought it would have a VIN plate on it somewhere but i cannot find one i can only find one identifying mark on it and googling it doesnt give me any answer for my problem think anyone could help?

heres a pic of the plate and where its located
Attachments
vin thing.gif
IMG_1805.JPG
By teal_dx
#355733 It has some kind of number on it, so that's good. Maybe someone can be helpful at a dealership and help you figure out what those numbers mean. It might take a few tries to find an employee who will help you out, but I'd give it a try.
By ej2??
#355737 Thank you for the reply teal ill give it a shot couldn't hurt. hopefully it gets me somewhere.
By ej2??
#356246 Well good news! After not finding any way to identify the trans from the outside i reluctantly popped the pan off and pulled out the valve body from what i gather it is the right year! so i will be able to swap it with out problems.Lets hope this goes well then i can hopefully get the mpg to go up 7.7 mpg is killing me right now.