A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By juls1488
teal_dx wrote: :facepalm:
Am I old-fashioned or does the average driver not pay attention to their mirrors or bother turning their head around when backing up? :?

this.
my mom has a 2013 nissan rogue with a rearview camera and its nice, but its more of a a "hey look what this has" kind of thing. i rarely use if i have to borrow her car for moving things that wont fit in the sedan or the subie.

i wish there was a simple cheap econo box that was the perfect platform on which to build a car, oh, wait, thats the eg civic. 8)
By silverEG8
#343970 When I was just starting to drive, my father told me to develop the habit of glancing at the side and rearview mirrors once in awhile when driving. With this, the driver will always be alert with his surroudings, and thus avoid accidents.
By teal_dx
#343974 Same here. :thumb:

I was thinking, cars have gotten bigger and harder to see out of due to much higher belt lines and shorter windows in the last 10-15 yrs. Plus there's crossovers and suv's everywhere now.
By ohDirka
#343976 There are a few box vans that my company has and one has the backup camera and it is the only one I'll drive. When you have a vehicle that you cant see out the back of it is very hard to back up in a parking lot. That seems to be the only place that I have seen that the backup camera have been almost a necessity.
By silverEG8
#344018 Yeah, with the designs of most vehicles nowadays, it's harder to see when backing-up even if you look over to your back.

I guess, it's what the times are calling for.
By evil-G-nius
#344304 I love the camera idea. Granted it will make most people lazier than they already are. I have a camera in my Accord and my G37 Coupe and I love em. I do the old fashion way normally but it does help with parking to see how close I am to shit and blah blah blah. It helps fine tune reverse skills I think and its a plus at night. But I do agree...people are just fucking lazy. Why else is it so hard to find a manual transmission car? Americans are fucking lazy! :lol: