A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
Honda has something wicked up its sleeve, based on the latest batch of spy photos we've received. This is purportedly the next Honda Civic Type-R, out testing in Germany and on the Nürburgring. The last generation of the Type-R went out of production in Europe in 2010, and while we admired it from afar, it's 2.0-liter, four-cylinder produced similar figures to the American-market Honda Civic Si.

From the looks of both it and the cars Honda engineers are benchmarking, the next Type-R will be much more powerful. In the spy photos, we can see four meaty exhaust pipes along with what is quite clearly an intercooler hiding behind the front bumper. That's right, the next Type-R will be turbocharged. It'll need to be, though, if it's meant to tackle cars like the Opel Astra OPC, Ford Focus RS500 and Renault Megane RS Trophy (not pictured, but there according to our spies).

300 horsepower from a 2.0-liter engine should be on offer, and would match the competition quite well. Other obvious tweaks from the ho-hum five-door Civic are mainly aerodynamic. It sports an aggressive body kit with a meaty chin spoiler, rocker panels and a big rear wing. Red Brembo brake calipers can also be seen behind the sporty wheels and low-profile tires.

We'd expect the Civic Type-R to arrive in showrooms sometime in 2014, making a debut at the Frankfurt Auto Show a long shot. Geneva seems like the more likely locale for an unveiling.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

already sounds too good to be offered in the US... :|
By chrono404
AjG20 wrote:
teal_dx wrote:already sounds too good to be offered in the US... :|

I kno huh!!

Poor Honda of america.

All you have to do to fix your sinking sales is bring some of these over. That will attract people who otherwise buy the Mazda speeds, the focus st, and the brz/frs.

300hp, 30mpg and traction control to be able to use it and lots of people will want it. Myself included.
By ohDirka
chrono404 wrote:
AjG20 wrote:
teal_dx wrote:already sounds too good to be offered in the US... :|

I kno huh!!

Poor Honda of america.

All you have to do to fix your sinking sales is bring some of these over. That will attract people who otherwise buy the Mazda speeds, the focus st, and the brz/frs.

300hp, 30mpg and traction control to be able to use it and lots of people will want it. Myself included.

This :thumb: I'd sell the GTI and buy one right now.
Bykutthroatkrow
#335496 Too euro ctr for me. I like the jdm ctr of last gen
By Apexracing
#335510 I love these cars. It is a shame they will never make it here. I would even take a watered down version. I just like the chassis and design.