A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics

Would you trade a GSR for a VX?

25%
75%
By suspendedHatch
#335240 I'm coming pretty close to trading my red 97 GSR coupe for a minty stock teal VX + $600. My GSR is pretty rough. Both cars have around 190k.

Ever since I got the STi, the GSR has been somewhat redundant. And I REALLY miss my VX.

Opinions? Have I lost my mind?
By chrono404
#335289 As an owner of a Turbo Subaru, I would recommend getting the VX. An unmolested VX is hard to find, and they get awesome Fuel Economy, Something that your STi will not do.

I would personally rather have a 96-00 HX instead of a VX, but getting a VX isn't a bad idea. Since you have the more popular car of the lot you can try offering it up for trade on Craigslist locally and see what other options you have as well.
By suspendedHatch
#335314 I'd rather have a red VX or Si, or a CRX. In fact, I was going to put an LS engine in the GSR and sell it, then look for a CRX. Paradoxically, the CRX has more leg room than the Integra and 95 < Civic and I'm 6'1. I fit, but long road trips are painful.

I REALLY regret selling my last EG. Integra seats, Tokico coilovers with extended top hats, a GSR front sway and Progress 24mm adjustable rear sway, tilt wheel, DX wiper switch, 3 Stage VTEC motor, Integra brake swap, HX rims. I was a fool. I would do all of those things over again.

The Honda scene here is terrible. I don't know if it is any different anywhere else. If I put the GSR up, I'd bring down all kinds of nonsense. I aint got time for that! :lol:
By suspendedHatch
#337138 I kept the GSR and bought the VX!
The VX will now be getting the Civic EX/GSR/ITR upgrade package. EX tilt steering, wiper switch, cruise control. GSR engine, rear disc brakes, front seats, swaybars, front upper strut brace, front lower crossmember brace. ITR suspension (going to see how it affects ride height), transmission, rear frame brace (contingent on how I can custom fit it).
Depending on how the ITR suspension works out, I may eventually upgrade to the Ground Control "Honda Tech Special Kit". No slamming or wheel tucking though. I'm an old fart and I care about optimizing the handling.
I have LS meshies, the original VX alloys, and I'm piecing together a set of HX rims. I may also get some Bronze Rota Slipstreams just for old times sake (had them on my previous teal VX).
It's a 92 CA so it's wideband just like the federal version. I'll be keeping the VX engine to swap back in as I please. This is a car I plan to hang onto so I may have several configurations to switch between.
Build/resto thread to follow, but I have a CRX HX project to finish wiring up first.

Last edited by suspendedHatch on Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Apexracing
#337163 Hey alright thats awesome!