A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By CopyLifted
#331577 Hey there all! New member here obviously. I posted this on another forum but I thought I'd share it here as well.

So my daily driver is a '95 Honda Civic dx 2 door coupe that I want to swap a b18c1 into some day. I've been looking, but just not ready to buy yet. Anyway, my wife's family friends where staying at their house for a few weeks and noticed my civic. We got to talking and I told him I was looking for a wrecked GSR for the motor. He just happened to have a wrecked '94 Integra but wasn't sure if it was a GSR. Well, it wasn't a GSR, but it is a good running LS with under 100,000 miles. As the title implies, I got it for $300.

Since it wasn't what I was looking for, i bought it to part out and use the b18b1 and rear discs for my Civic. But I am undecided what to do lol. I kind of want to get it back on the road.

The damage is all underneath. It was a high speed chase which resulted in him missing his turn lol. I am unsure what he hit but whatever it was it hit the radiator support, transmission (which literally broke the tranny at the mount), and rear subframe cross member at the LCA, resulting in bending it back and popping a few spot welds from the pan.

There is NO frame damage up front that I can see. It did push the support back at the bottom, but i was able to pull that back out. The big problem is replacing the rear cross member. Hence why I am undecided what to do with the car. And the fact that I really want a b18c in the Civic.

Also this Integra was built 5/'93 and has a very low vin. The "cool" factor of it being such an early production 3rd gen Integra makes it, well,....cool!

I don't want to bore ya guys too much (as I have a tendency to ramble on sometimes lol) so I'll post up the pics of what $300 got me. Feel free to give your 2 cents if you'd like as well. Either part it or fix it.

By TrailerTrash
#331592 i ramble too :lol:

but shit for 300 bucks you got one hell of a deal and a half
By brandoff88
#331600 you could probably take the motor out and sell it for a couple hundred so that and some other little things that people might need could cover the cost and then some, that is if you don't decide to fix her, good pick up even for a kinda wrecked car.. :thumb:
By teal_dx
TrailerTrash wrote:i ramble too :lol:

+1
I can't believe that tranny! Never seen anything like that before :shock:
By CopyLifted

Yeah, I didn't hesitate on the deal. Worse comes to worse, there's a lot of good parts!

brandoff88 wrote:you could probably take the motor out and sell it for a couple hundred so that and some other little things that people might need could cover the cost and then some, that is if you don't decide to fix her, good pick up even for a kinda wrecked car.. :thumb:

If I do decide to part it out and/or I don't have a b18c for my civic when that time comes, I will be using the motor, rear discs, adjustable coilovers and the "headlights on" chime in my civic. I will then try to sell the rest of the shell. if no buyer for the shell, i will completely strip all usable parts and hope somebody will drag the shell off my property for scrap metal for free.

Although replacing the rear crossmember is do-able, just not sure if i want to spend the time to do it. Still an option though.

teal_dx wrote:

+1
I can't believe that tranny! Never seen anything like that before :shock:

This is a first for me as well. When he told me the tranny was busted, I didn't expect to actually see it busted lol.

Thanks all for the replies! I am a very undecisive person lol. But whatever I decide comes to me suddenly and I don't waste time on whatever my decision is.
By 92egdxhatch
#331628 Looks like a deal for $300!

If you don't fix it, plenty to be made in parting it!