A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
#326741 Think you've waited long enough for this? If so, then you'll want to savor the high-res photos we've so far been given of the 2014 Chevrolet SS, the first rear-wheel-drive performance sedan from The Bowtie in 17 years.

We all know its our version of the brand new VF-model Holden Commodore, but what's under the hood that earns the appellation "performance?" A 6.2-liter LS3 V8 engine producing 415 horsepower and 415 pound-feet of torque. That's 35 hp and lb-ft less than the same engine is expected to produce in the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C6 Corvette. Chevrolet says the sedan will get from 0-to-60 miles per hour "in about five seconds."

Shifting comes courtesy of a six-speed automatic with paddles on the steering wheel, while stopping arrive via four-piston Brembo calipers up front, a single sliding piston in back. The forged aluminum wheels are 19-inchers all around, each set supporting right around 50 percent of the sedan's weight, and the aluminum hood and trunk are meant to keep the center of gravity low.

Inside, leather seating surfaces, eight-way power front seats and a soft-touch dash are standard for a cabin said to fit five adults comfortably, along with a nine-speaker Bose sound system, a head-up display and safety tech like Lane Departure Warning and Side Blind Zone alert. A marquee option will be Automatic Parking Assist that can parallel and right-angle park; this is the technology's first appearance on a Chevrolet.

We're in Daytona now and we'll have live shots of the car shortly, along with photos of its NASCAR sibling rumbling through the Daytona 500.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
By MG6
#326756 looks sexy with a little more performance mod... Ummm nice!
By Flatland_EG
#326763 If Pontiac was still around I'm guessing this would've been the next gen G8 but instead it's Chevy badged.
I actually like this as well as some of the other new Chevy's that have come out including the Volt, Cruze, and yes even the Sonic.
I'd have to get Holden badges though just to be little different. :D
By TrailerTrash
#326768 y u no has manual transmission
By MG6
TrailerTrash wrote:y u no has manual transmission

always wonder that too. Why most American cars plays the automatic more than manual.

sucks, but I guess that is the majority of owners who like auto... ok still like manual and prefer manual than auto, unless I have no choice.
By d-mon
TrailerTrash wrote:y u no has manual transmission

americans HATE manual transmissions.
too hard to talk/text/eat/read/watch tv/update status/sleep/apply makeup/etc while driving.