A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By juls1488
#321317 I'd like to see this happen.
http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/11/30/Nissan-240SX-May-Return-as-a-GT86-Rival-7711746/
There's only two 240SXs by me, and one is beat to hell, while the other is someone's garage baby :lol:
By 92civicEGsedan
#321318 If they do bring back the 240 I hope they don't fuck it up like they did the gt-r :thumbdown:
By Flatland_EG
#321321 I really like the GT86/BRZ/FR-S and after seeing Jeremy Clarksons review of it I'm even more inclined to want to own one. If Nissan can resurrect the 240Z and make it competitive with the Toyobura we'll have some good ole automotive rivalry going on. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the 240's revival.
By juls1488
#321344 yeah it would be nice to see some good competition for the brz/frs/gt86. I think the only thing really in the 86's range right now is maybe the genesis coupe or the miata. :?
and i agree with ya 92civicEGsedan, the GT-R is an amazing machine, but it isn't the rebirth of the skyline like a lot of people hoped it would be. let's hope nissan gets this right. :pray:
By Flatland_EG
#321365 IMHO I don't think Nissan got the GT-R wrong, it's an awesome car with outstanding performance, but I think a lot of people weren't expecting such a radical redesign that only has hints of it's predecessor. Since they dropped the Skyline name I think I'd consider it more of a rebirth of the GT-R instead of an evolution of the previous design. On the bright side though, it is a GT-R that we can legally own and drive in the U.S.
By 92civicEGsedan
Flatland_EG wrote:IMHO I don't think Nissan got the GT-R wrong, it's an awesome car with outstanding performance, but I think a lot of people weren't expecting such a radical redesign that only has hints of it's predecessor. Since they dropped the Skyline name I think I'd consider it more of a rebirth of the GT-R instead of an evolution of the previous design. On the bright side though, it is a GT-R that we can legally own and drive in the U.S.

You can legally own and drive the skylines in the U.S. also just have to do some modifications to it so it will be legal
By asianrob
92civicEGsedan wrote:
Flatland_EG wrote:IMHO I don't think Nissan got the GT-R wrong, it's an awesome car with outstanding performance, but I think a lot of people weren't expecting such a radical redesign that only has hints of it's predecessor. Since they dropped the Skyline name I think I'd consider it more of a rebirth of the GT-R instead of an evolution of the previous design. On the bright side though, it is a GT-R that we can legally own and drive in the U.S.

You can legally own and drive the skylines in the U.S. also just have to do some modifications to it so it will be legal

its too much red tape to legally own a skyline.

but as long as its past the 25 year rule it should pass with all the right papers, other than they, they are Illegal and the government will come and take your car away.
By 92civicEGsedan
asianrob wrote:
92civicEGsedan wrote:

its too much red tape to legally own a skyline.

but as long as its past the 25 year rule it should pass with all the right papers, other than they, they are Illegal and the government will come and take your car away.

Yeah it would probably just as easy to put a rb26 in a 240sx and probably be cheaper then buying a skyline but a skyline is one sexy ass car
By asianrob
#321406 R35 :) lol they are legal and here already and LHD
By 92civicEGsedan
teal_dx wrote:Let's hope it's not too big/heavy :thumb:

X2
By Apexracing
#321427 If its newer than 2005 i won't own it. I'm sick of all these newer cars and their not connected feel. Throttle by wire blows, the frs/brz is a wana be sports car. Give me a break, I hate american cars but chevy and ford got it right with the mustang and the camaro. aggressive designs and lots of power. Granted they are every where but still.
By teal_dx
#321433 Even the mustang/Camaro are getting expensive IMO. Sure, the interiors and fit & finish have gotten a lot nicer than they were 15 years ago. But there isn't much offering for someone who wants to buy a dedicated sports car w/o all of the extra BS. In the old days you could special order and leave all kinds of things out, dropping the price and making the car lighter. Now there's usually a few packages available but no way to custom order. That's just the way they build them anymore :???:

FRS/BRZ was a step in the right direction but with all of the safety regulations and electronics to help modern cars meet emissions standards, there's no chance that we'll ever see another 240, AE86, EF/EG/EK, Fox Mustang, 1st gen miata... All those cars were made in an era when safety and emissions weren't as strict and everything wasn't electronically controlled as it is now.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:Even the mustang/Camaro are getting expensive IMO. Sure, the interiors and fit & finish have gotten a lot nicer than they were 15 years ago. But there isn't much offering for someone who wants to buy a dedicated sports car w/o all of the extra BS. In the old days you could special order and leave all kinds of things out, dropping the price and making the car lighter. Now there's usually a few packages available but no way to custom order. That's just the way they build them anymore :???:

FRS/BRZ was a step in the right direction but with all of the safety regulations and electronics to help modern cars meet emissions standards, there's no chance that we'll ever see another 240, AE86, EF/EG/EK, Fox Mustang, 1st gen miata... All those cars were made in an era when safety and emissions weren't as strict and everything wasn't electronically controlled as it is now.

This is why i want to find an Ap1 i might start looking around tax time :thumb:
By onibakagaijin
#321511 For me I just really like that the 2-door economic box that has potential is coming back. Small, light, simple and cheap is what people want and need really in this economy. And they could still make a simple, small cheap car but people want everything under the sun in them now. Better tech, materials and know how could do it but the real question is if they will...which right now seems like a no. The us needs a sub $10,000 simple sporty coupe and should because it would sell.