A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By chrono404
onibakagaijin wrote:For me I just really like that the 2-door economic box that has potential is coming back. Small, light, simple and cheap is what people want and need really in this economy. And they could still make a simple, small cheap car but people want everything under the sun in them now. Better tech, materials and know how could do it but the real question is if they will...which right now seems like a no. The us needs a sub $10,000 simple sporty coupe and should because it would sell.

The us dollar has lost to much value to have a sporty car under $10,000 new. A few shitty kias have done that but thats not a sporty coupe.

You can buy a used sporty car at the price point, 02-04 WRX's, Pre 05 Mustang GT's, Used Porche Boxsters and S2000's can be picked up around $10,000 or less.

I am tempted to get an s2000 as a second car. It has the same differental as the mazda miata, one swap out a lower geared miata final drive and you have a very fun 35mpg+ sporty convertible/coupe for around 10k USD.

I welcome a new BRZ competor. It keeps prices down and the market competive.