A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By rustyrex
#320084 I'll be honest. I think its hideous. I don't like the way the civics started to look after 2000. Im still undecided if I truley like my 2000 4 door and I've owned it for 12 years lol. To me there is a emotional feeling about Honda's. The new ones just don't have it. I consider myself a addict for 88-91 Honda's. Idont have a opinion on my 95 hatch yet only because I have yet to drive it. My favorite Honda of all time was my old accord. Its a 1988 accord lxi. I love that car.
By teal_dx
#320092 I liked them up to 2000, then the 01-05 coupe was OK but didn't like the looks of the rear of the sedan at all...

Then they made the rear of the sedan look good in 06 but the coupe got kinda fugly. Then it all went down hill in 2011 :lol: I'm glad to see them do something for 2013. I see a little hint of acura in the design of the front. The rear looks more Toyota/Lexus to me, but much better than the style-lacking 2011-12.

I'm with you though, the 92-00 years are the golden era of Civics. They were not bloated as they are now. The vx,hx models got excellent MPG without being hybrid. They were fun and cheap to make fast and handled well with double wishbone front suspension.
By rustyrex
#320093 You 100% nailed it teal.
By Ajax1989
#320094 I like the look of the new accord and civic(2013)

01-05 sedan look like shit
By juls1488
teal_dx wrote:I'm with you though, the 92-00 years are the golden era of Civics. They were not bloated as they are now. The vx,hx models got excellent MPG without being hybrid. They were fun and cheap to make fast and handled well with double wishbone front suspension.

^this x1000

it might just be me, but i see a bit of the new Kias in the front end.
it isn't just me right?
EDIT: That's a 2011 Kia Optima BTW.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:I liked them up to 2000, then the 01-05 coupe was OK but didn't like the looks of the rear of the sedan at all...

Then they made the rear of the sedan look good in 06 but the coupe got kinda fugly. Then it all went down hill in 2011 :lol: I'm glad to see them do something for 2013. I see a little hint of acura in the design of the front. The rear looks more Toyota/Lexus to me, but much better than the style-lacking 2011-12.

I'm with you though, the 92-00 years are the golden era of Civics. They were not bloated as they are now. The vx,hx models got excellent MPG without being hybrid. They were fun and cheap to make fast and handled well with double wishbone front suspension.

Blah blah blah blah
Image/img]

Some one had to say it. the ep3, fd2, and fn2 are the greatest fastest civics made period. Bigger engines, better transmissions. and super rigid chassis's. Oh and the ep3 shares the eps(electronic powered steering) with built in speed sensitivity that the s2k has. Just over all better engineered cars in my opinion.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:Too bad US didn't get the type R :x

I would sell 3 or more organs for a fn2
By juls1488
Apexracing wrote:
teal_dx wrote:Too bad US didn't get the type R :x

I would sell 3 or more organs for a fn2

^ This is true. :lol:
I saw one two summers ago when i was slumming it across Europe. I probably spent 20 minutes staring and drooling. :shock:
By FG2_Andrew
#320134 I personally like the 2012s. Yes, they are kinda ugly and pretty cheaply made. But are they as awful as the Nissan Juke, fiat 500, smart cars, any buicks..no.

They definitely need to go back in time. I'd say 80% of people who buy Hondas owned one previously. Help them help you buy designing a retro Civic. And BRING BACK THE FUCKING HATCHBACK!!!!!!!!!!
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:
EH2_andy wrote:And BRING BACK THE FUCKING HATCHBACK!!!!!!!!!!

THIS. :thumb:

Amen!
By chrono404
#320169 i like the new civic sedan styling, combine that with the new CTR turbo power plant and Acura's super handling awd and you have a car that I would want.
By Apexracing
chrono404 wrote:i like the new civic sedan styling, combine that with the new CTR turbo power plant and Acura's super handling awd and you have a car that I would want.

I'm not much of a awd fan any more. too heavy and too many parts to maintain. Better mpg's too for fwd/rwd cars. Honda hit the nail on the s2k they need to bring that chassis back. And reinvent the delsol.