A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By ej2??
#313253 so problem is with my uncles corolla im just learning bout cars mostly hondas got no clue about a/c's problem is after driving 10 mins or so with the a/c on the compressor gives up and wont turn back on and he cant figure out why.

he tells me he changed 3 sensors on it,that worked for a bit but its doing it again.

i have no clue what it could be any suggestions? :?
By Apexracing
ej2?? wrote:so problem is with my uncles corolla im just learning bout cars mostly hondas got no clue about a/c's problem is after driving 10 mins or so with the a/c on the compressor gives up and wont turn back on and he cant figure out why.

he tells me he changed 3 sensors on it,that worked for a bit but its doing it again.

How do you know its no longer running? A good sign the compressor needs replacing is intermittent warm air cool air cycles. Or it just quits for periods of time.
By ej2??
teal_dx wrote:I'm no AC expert either, but a lot of times the AC compressor won't run if there is not enough pressure in the AC system.

soo the system might just be low on the cold stuff and/or has a leak

Apexracing wrote:
ej2?? wrote:so problem is with my uncles corolla im just learning bout cars mostly hondas got no clue about a/c's problem is after driving 10 mins or so with the a/c on the compressor gives up and wont turn back on and he cant figure out why.

How do you know its no longer running? A good sign the compressor needs replacing is intermittent warm air cool air cycles. Or it just quits for periods of time.

i have not see it myself he just told me whats up him and my father belive i know i lot about cars since im always lurking on civic-eg and with my girls uncle who street races

so check if it need to be recharged and see if it cycles warm/cool air
By Chance
#314508 Any word if its cycling? cool>warm>cool>warm.... I'd go with what Teal said, there is probably a leak somewhere releasing some pressure. Probably an O-ring somewhere.
By ej2??
#316259 o crap didnt see this lol, i have no clue havent seen him in a while i should find out lol