A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Aldo91
#299104 Hey guys so over the weekend i picked up a 1976 honda civic, 4 speed manual transmission. It came with the owners manual for it.

So this little thing i saw at the junkyards about 5 or 6 months ago and I had told the guy to save it for me, so I bought it this weekend for 600 dollass
It honestly isnt in the best shape but the engine turns over and it works :D

Last edited by Aldo91 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
By Classiccarsrule85
#299127 damn id love to have one of them its definitely a worth while project tho for sure what are your plans?
By Chance
#299138 Wow.. jealous!
By Aldo91
#299139 Thanks guys :D

Yeah it was pretty good for 600.

Plans for it are to return it to a completely stock, as if it was fresh off the line status.

The interior is complete for the most part, but the front seats are just straight up shredded, but they will be re upholstered, all of the original wheels came with it, weather stripping is shit, and it has rust on it, patches of rust but none the less rust,the rear seats are in great condition, I will be taking apart the interior today, and will post pics at the end of the day. :thumb:
By 1ACarlos
#299143 Wow a classic.
By RL-521
#299177 nice! i found one of these in a yard one time too. copped all 4 of the oem center caps just because :hehe:
By Aldo91
#299230 so i took apart the interior today, i found rust where the spare tire would go, it kind of upset me but what can i expect from a car that is older than me.carpets are out and seats are out also.

Before:

After:
Last edited by Aldo91 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Aldo91
#299231 now to show you the cancer :( :( :(

By Classiccarsrule85
#299232 nice and i must say if that really is it on the cancer i mean ill trade you for sure lol thats nothing compared to other hondas ive seen some welding and youll be good as new....
By Aldo91
#299236 That is as much as I have found so far, I really hope I don't find anymore. :lol:
By familyEGuy23
#299237 Nice find :thumb:
I seen one at the junkyard a few months back mint condition out in the yard :shock:
I kept the shift knob :lol: ill keep my eye out for you bro :wink:
By dbrooks
#299244 It needs a Hayabusa motor in it.....
By Aldo91
#299246 Thanks :D
well the floor board on the drivers side feels flimsy so I am going to have to get under the car and take a look at it.

Does anyone know where i would be able to find some missing parts for this car, other then a salvage yard???? :? :?