A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Flatland_EG
#242097 What a crock of shit. You go through all the right channels to import one "legally" and everything works in your favor to obtain one "legally" then you have have all the correct paperwork that says you "legally" own it then HSA, of all agencies, comes back to tell you it's "illegal", what damn cop out.
I guess all these skylines are a threat to national security now, that means anybody that owns one is probably on a watch list and the "No Fly" list as well. You'd think the HSA would use the tax payers money for things that actually mattered, like protecting the country.
By asianrob
#242105 damn that sucks! i didnt know skylines were considered terrorist!
By Jayryan
#242119 personally if i owned one over there id have it well hidden and any time i did drive it id make sure and know that if a cop appeared id have it tuned to the point that there wouldnt be a point pulling over :thumb:
By hondahero89
#242120 I think everyone is missing the bigger picture. If this could happen to them, this can and may happen to us. The eg civic has a very long and negative history, id hate for my hatch to be seized :x
By {ikon}EM1
Jayryan wrote:personally if i owned one over there id have it well hidden and any time i did drive it id make sure and know that if a cop appeared id have it tuned to the point that there wouldnt be a point pulling over :thumb:

That's the reason y they r considerd illegal because of people who think like u... no offense man but that's the reason y cops r taking them... they think anyone with a skyline is a street racer...
By chrono404
#242157 That sucks alot, If that happened to me I would be BEYOND Pissed. After exporting my car of the country I would be fighting them about this so it doesn't happen to other people.

I would LOVE to have an R34. However it looks like this is what I will get for having one. I guess I can put a R34 Conversion kit onto an Acura legend and live that that.

I hate the waste of the goverment. All money going to these agencys should be going to stopping immagrents, some of which may be possible terriorist or enemys of the state from entering the country. :thumbdown:
By 92hatchie
94EJ2 wrote:id die before i let the goverment take my civic

X2
By Aldo91
#242169 load of shit man, this government of ours(in regards to laws and finances) is just well idiotic to say the least :x

well at least now theres a guy standing between them and the skyline community and im sure more will unite to his movement.
By asianrob
hondahero89 wrote:I think everyone is missing the bigger picture. If this could happen to them, this can and may happen to us. The eg civic has a very long and negative history, id hate for my hatch to be seized :x

this probably wouldnt have happen to our civic's when they are here legally for sale. if that was the case. then EVERY single civic in the states would have to be seized. our cars passed every test to be legally sold here in the states. that and there would be ultimately a Big up roar from the civilians that own honda civic's from 1982- to now.

now if it was imported into the United States and meaning if the car does not have a VIN number and has a Serial number and then yes i could see that happening.
By Classiccarsrule85
#242308 To me this would suck if i went through all this work to get a car and then have it taken away right infront of me because of govt crapola. well it wouldnt be very good .......

to me our safety standards suck because it limits what cars we can buy or have available to us. there are awesome cars out there relatively inexpensive to boot. just because they dont have an airbag makes them horribly ineligible wtf? i could really care less about an airbag your car could have 50 million airbags but if the idiot behind the wheel is ill-educated about driving well he could still die....our safety standards are really propaganda in my eyes to think that your safe but yea

lets just say the govt is really not on the good side of car enthusiasts they regulate till all you can have is an american car that has a 1cyl engine.....because anymore is unsafe! and you cant go above 1mph because it might be too dangerous