A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
According to Gayu Eusegi, head of global product development for Mitsubishi, the Lancer Evolution X will be the last Evo the Japanese automaker ever builds. Eusegi says the move is part of a shift in strategy to put the company's product focus and ethos on leadership in EV technology.

To that end, Autocar indicates that Mitsubishi will release eight fully-electric or hybrid-electric cars by the time 2015 rolls around, and make a grab for a big portion of the CO2-reduction market share. It goes without saying that the fun-yet-fuel-swilling Evo just doesn't fit that mindset, particularly since it apes a rally car that no longer exists.

Despite the Evo's huge popularity, Mitsubishi apparently isn't scared of the step and says it's confident that consumers will glom on to the idea and rally behind the brand. By killing the Evo, they're making their intentions plain to an increasingly environmentally-conscious car-buying public.

Eusegi killed dead any notion that the brand would roll out a performance-oriented hybrid as well. "Maybe the world can change, and maybe someday we can do a motor race by electric vehicles. Maybe then we can enter the market agian," he said.

This report of the Evo's death would seem to stand in contrast to multiple reports that an Evo XI is in the works with a hybrid drivetrain. We're taking this latest Autocar missive with a few grains of salt, as we can see how Eusegi may have simply meant that an Evo that relies exclusively on internal combustion is dead – a hybrid Evo would seem to offer a nice technological bridge to Mitsubishi's more electrically minded future.

R.I.P. :(
By Joplies
#242005 :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Thats super depressing. I didnt like the 10 for the sole reason that there is no manual transmission. just paddle shifters. But i started to gain some respect since they've been proven to be just as good as a clutch and stick and in some cases faster.... Still though what a depressing day for them. :cry:
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:That was pretty much the only good thing left in Mitsu's basket... I wonder how much longer they'll be selling cars in the US?

x2

The only Mitsubishi I would own is a Evo. The sales of all mitshubishi's in america is pretty bad, For example there are more Honda Fits sold every months then EVERYTHING from Mitsubishi.

I dont imagine the US branch will be here for long. EV's are Disturbing popular and I dont like the way its going. However Someday when there is a Hydrogen Fuel Cell powered Eletric car that handles well like our EG's I might be intrested.

Also Joplies, The EVO X GSR has a 6speed normal manual, The Highest trim has the 5 speed tip tronic/flappy paddle transmission, Its faster and better then the 6 speed in a race. However I love my "H pattern" manual trannys as well.
By Gordongk
#242171 It's the death of an Evo every time one pulls up next to me. :lol:

Overall the Evo is such a cool car (especially the IV). I think it's awesome a car can be so fast off the showroom floor. My problem with that though is when Joe Blow buys his new Evo X, he is trying to race every :x car on the interstate.

The green (not pot) movement over the past years has sent the whole automotive industry in a direction that I have no interest in.
By Joplies
#242653 oh hell my bad. i read back when the evo 10 came out that there was no manual transmition. my bad i was obviously wrong. thank you for correcting me though.
By dbrooks
#243160 Thats no goooood :thumbdown:
By LaosToaster
#243231 damn what is happening to this decade?? what happened to all those sicks cars that came out in the 90's, like the supra, rx-7s, eclipses, all the good shit. and now its all going down, the only nice sports cars i can think of is the evos, and the GTR, THEY NEED TO COME UP WITH ANOTHER SUPRA, OR RX7 AT LEAST!!

my dream car to own would be to buy a GTR( i still love my EG) when the prices are low enough, their around 60K for now. maybe in the future they'll go way down to about 35k or so lol then i can snatch one :D
By ohDirka
#243515 I had read another article quoting someone from Mitsubisi stating that it wont end until it absolutely has to. When that happens there is supposedly a new EVO that will replace it. I'll look for the article tonight when I get home.