A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Joplies
#234594 According to Autoblog (Autoblog Article), Honda is planning to deploy its new small displacement turbocharged I4 in an entry level CR-Z platform. The new engine is rumored to make 160hp as an entry level model, and potentially a 200hp Type-R version sometime down the road.

Like many European B and C segment cars, the next Fit and Civic are also moving to smaller displacement, forced induction powertrains to offset increasing emission standards.

While these are still 'rumors', Honda has confirmed they would continue to supply engines to Formula 1 teams when FIA switches to 1.6L Turbo I4's in 2013/2014, and emission standards are going to force Honda to reduce engine size in order to meet CO2 limits on road going vehicles.

Let's hope Honda is finally listening to the enthusiasts...

Pics of Sema Type R CRZ prototype

By chrono404
#234596 That is Sick. The Orignal CR-Z was never a temptation. if we see a Turbo CR-Z Hybrid that would be beyond awesome. Even better in those sexy fits. I can justify a Honda Fit as a good daily driver/family mover. If it had a Turbo 1.5 or 1.6 I would consider getting one. :thumb:
By Joplies
#234597 for sure. Ive always been a fan of the CRZ though so if they improve it more than id be even more in love lol. Turbo stock fit would be amazing though. Everyone would sell their civic for those, it would be crazy.