A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
#204647 Image

wax their car :crazy:

* Never polish or wax the frozen gray paint as it could lead to a glossy surface.
* If washing your frozen gray M3 in a automatic car wash, choose a car wash that does not apply vehicle wax. Rinse the M3 with high pressure water to remove dirt before sending it through the automatic car wash to avoid scratches from sand, dust and other micro-particles.(Really? An automatic car wash? A mechanized scratch-buff-swirl paint abuse machine for your delicate, fragile $9000 paint job? If you do this, you are officially a goon. —Ed.)
* Remove bugs, bird poo, tree sap, tar, fuel spills or oil immediately using a soft sponge.
Avoid strong rubbing (Mom always said we'd go blind! —Ed.) while cleaning the frozen paint. BMW sells suitable products for maintaining the frozen paint at your local dealer.
* Repairs to the paint (scratches, dents, etching) must be completed by a BMW-trained body shop. Most auto body shops will not be capable of repairing the frozen gray paint.

The agreement goes on to explicitly state that the warranty does not cover the frozen gray paint if it is damage by the owner as a result of negligence, lack of maintenance or proper care, environmental damage or improper repairs.

Only once the agreement is signed and returned to BMW will their car be shipped to them. Without signing the notice you're not getting your shiny new (or in this case matt) 2011 BMW Frozen Gray M3.

MOAR: http://jalopnik.com/5584833/bmw-to-m3-o ... r-car-ever
By MG6
#204650 If i really want this M3, i'll wait for it to hit craigslist or better yet. Junk yard :lol:
By Gorveatt
#204652 I read this today on Autoblog and couldn't believe it, no waxing the car at all, and can only use BMW specific cleaners.... thats fucked
By Ajax1989
#204695 why cant you wax it..
By Ajax1989
#204702 ohhh lol i guessed i missed that
By DontHateonEG8
MG6 wrote:
teal_dx wrote: * Remove bugs, bird poo, tree sap, tar, fuel spills or oil immediately using a soft sponge.

Ok, how the heck does one remove tree sap or tar with a soft sponge? That paint must be magical.

its possible - i did it one time, but you have to do it right away!!!! and im sure there is a special formula to do so, or you can use the windshield cleaning solution from the gas station :thumb:
By evil-G-nius
#204754 That is fuckin stupid....any moron that gets that paint should be shot :thumbdown: