A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By berg89
#191348 I didn't know where else to post this question so if i posted it in the wrong area sorry.I'm planning on buying a 1989 Acura Integra for a auto x or just a fun project an use my coupe for a dd. My question is for the people that know about the first gen Integra's, if there's a way to swap a z6 into it an what would i have to do to get it in??? :? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
By That One Dude
#194479 Well since the 1st gen Integra had the D16A1 (I think) in it, I'd imagine it would be a straight swap to a Z6. Only major difference being the twin cam action of the 'Teg engine versus the single slammer of the Z6. But don't tae my word for it, I'm a 3rd gen guy to the core.
By Classiccarsrule85
#194617 Alrighty well first of all i do beleive the wiring for the 86-87 is different from a 88-89 teg since i tried a 87 ecu in a 91 civic hatch that i was doing a dohc swap in and it didnt work lol....so anyhow Youd have to create a custom D.side mount as its completely different from that of 88+ mounts

Also to be honest the suspension of a 1st gen integra is made up of torsion bars and well lets just say isnt as good in handleing as lets say a independent dual control arm suspension since really all the 1st gen integra has is a shock lower control arm torsion bar and hub.....

but its a nice car dont get me wrong and has a cult following lol exspecially those dealing with the dohc d16a1 and the similar 1st gen rex and that year civic.... redpepperracing.com is a good site as well.....but i doubt itd be worth it to put a Z6 into that car
By That One Dude
#194689 It would be a good daily, but that's about it.