A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Classiccarsrule85
#149965 ok so i switched intake manifolds on my volvo 240 and it started but ran rough then it stalled out and stopped running all together .....

now i replaced everything possible its getting spark and fuel but its only hesitateing to start....now its got me thinking that i may have left the paper towels i stuffed in the ports in and didnt take them out when i installed the intake....but im not sure.

Might this of damaged something ?? i truely hope not but tomarrow i get to see if i did screw up so to speak but just wondering if imay have left them in if it might cause damage.....
By Greasedmonkey
#149977 in for pics of what happened!
By teal_dx
#149988 pull the spark plug and look in the hole with a flash light.

I don't think it would have gotten any fuel if there was towels stuffed tightly in the port, so it wouldn't have ran at all :?
By Classiccarsrule85
teal_dx wrote:pull the spark plug and look in the hole with a flash light.

I don't think it would have gotten any fuel if there was towels stuffed tightly in the port, so it wouldn't have ran at all :?

well there may have been fuel in the cold start valve or something as such that allowed it to run for a we bit. but yea im gonna check alot tomarrow and hopefully sort things out.
By Classiccarsrule85
#150078 ok soi fixed the problem low n behold i did take out 1 paper towel out of 4 so 3 where just sucked in there soaked with gas. so once i popped off the intake manifold and slowly turned teh car over and slowly took out the paper towels....well the little bits i did not get since they where soaked in gas i just lit on fire lol that was fun. but yea did that and fixed the idle problemas well turns out it was a maf sensor on the volvo but woot now all i gotta do is fix the flat tire that happened while it sat and then the exhaust leak due to the donut gasket being to large.........but sorry no damage occured so sorry to disappoint