A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Classiccarsrule85
#149746 p.s. Volvos at least the older models are as simple as civics to me so thats why i am posting this here...

Ok so my 1993 volvo 240 has been haveing a problem where it wouldnt start on wet days i fixed that issue but now it will run. Then about a couple minutes maybe a minute to 2....it will drop down in rpm almost like its being choked out. and it will rev high again and try to idle but it cuts out.....

So far ive replaced
-cps
-in-tank fuel pump
-fuel filter
-main fuel relay
-O2 sensor
-hollowed out the cat(which was melted a bit thought that was the problem but it wasnt just ran a bit longer before it choked out)
-air filter
-plugs
-wires
-cap and rotor
.................................................. .................................................. ........................

So right now i tried to replace the injectors because the check engine light showed that up a bit back but i just unplugged and replugged them in and it went away. but the fuel rail bolt snapped so im off tomarrow to go to the junkyard. I am going to try and find regular injectors because all i have now are turbo injectors(green tops).....but im just stumped at what it could be....tho i wasnt able to try the injectors, the fuel rail was full of fuel at least when i took it off so i know its getting fuel....

What im thinking about getting at the junkyard
-throttle position sensor
-cold start valve
-injectors
-and of coarse i need a new intake manifold

but yea any ideas of what else i might look into getting or should look at because like i said im getting stumped and its already taken alotof my time and definately alot of money to get it to this point. so any help is greatly appreciated
Thank you