A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By Dippin_EG
#144034 Well, i have done my share of swaps into the Ef's ED's Da's DB's EG's and EJ's, but this will be my first EK swap, And im trying to get some info before the shit hits the fan and i come across problems.

My buddy picked up a B16B from hmotorsonline and i am going to help him( pretty much do it and hes gonna help) swap it in and get out his D15.

So, I have a few questions regarding the swap.
BTW its a 98 coupe 5 speed

1. What i am going to need to do as far as wiring is concerned on the OBD2 car. I know i have to wire up VTEC, which isnt the problem, but i heard something about an IAB having to be wired in???

2. Motor mounts, im guessing the EK9 mounts will work, just want to double check

3. shift linkage. what car it needs to come from.

4. Exhaust. Will the B16B mani bolt up to the factory exhaust. Ive heard things about some exhausts being too short or too long.

If anyone has a nice swap guide, that would be most helpful ( the ones i found arent all that great)

And ill have pics of the swap when it goes down, so look for them in the not so distant future.

Thanks, brothas 8)
By Dippin_EG
#144325 Come on my nigs, Help a brotha out.
By Ej2-B16a
#144610 B seires exhaust manifold.. (header) whatever

shiftlinkage you will need any B series shift linkage. (get 1 from a b16 to be on the safe side be but b series is all universal

EK mounts will work. but do innovative or hassport ftw.

and as for wiring.. its just all the same sensors that any obd 2 honda has..

you will just need a obd 2 comp and a obd 2 harness (which you obviously should already have.. it all fit together very nice
By Dippin_EG
#144657 Thats what i needed man. just a second voice on the whole thing
I appreciate it. 8)