A place for all vehicles that aren't 92-95 (96-97 Del Sol) Honda Civics
By teal_dx
#130080 http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/11/lutz ... z28-likel/

G8 looked so much better... Caprice looks bland like the current Impala :thumbdown:
By chrono404
#130233 Could look worse, I am happy they didn't kill the g8 in America. As much as I love front wheel drive Japanese designed cars I still dont want to see the modern offspring of the muscle cars die off.

Sure there is the mustang, and camero, But having cars like these can actually be useful and written off as a family car. however still be able to drift roundabouts. :lol:

If this is just a g8 with a new face this will be quite a sleeper. Sucks for gm I love my paid off old hondas.
By Gorveatt
#130261 Looks like a fucking rover.
By teal_dx
#131112 update: just kidding
General Motors' newly-appointed Vice Chairman, Bob Lutz, has penned a post on GM's Fast Lane blog that can be boiled down to two words: My bad.

A flurry of reports spurred on by Lutz' comments that GM was considering adapting the Pontiac G8 into a reborn, rear-wheel drive Chevrolet Caprice have been downplayed by a number of the General's generals, including CEO Fritz Henderson. In Lutz' post, he put the final nail in the G8-cum-Caprice's coffin saying:

"The G8 will not be a Caprice after all. I'd mentioned it, and said we were studying it, giving it a serious look, because a car like the G8 was just too good to waste.

"That's all still true. But I have to say that, with my new "marketing" hat on, upon further review and careful study, we simply cannot make a business case for such a program. Not in today's market, in this economy, and with fuel regulations what they are and will be."
Lutz is quick to point out that the decision to kill the G8 will have no effect on GM's future rear-drive vehicles, and he went on to say, "... we have a tremendous RWD team in Australia that gave us the beloved G8, a team that we will tap into at some point again in the future for its expertise and sheet metal. Just not right now."