Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By B18cDelSlo
#95969 I'm installing a ZEX dry kit on my del sol. Got it all hooked up.

My question is, do you think I need to retune for this? I am currently tuned on hondata s300, my AFR is about 12:1 WOT. The nitrous is not set up on hondata.

But I keep reading that the ZEX kit will add the fuel it needs since it comes with the control module. I know a tune would be the smart route, and I will probably do that anyway. Just wanted to throw it out there and see what you guys think.
By chrono404
#96021 You should be okay with the box. I would do a nitrous run and check your plugs afterwords make sure they are a little peppered

It would also be a good idea to run with a wideband.to make sure your air fuel ratio doesn't drop under nitrous
By B18cDelSlo
#96035 I have a wideband, as well as 3 step colder plugs. NGK Race plugs from a chevy boat engine (I know, strange, but they fit hondas!)
By chrono404
B18cDelSlo wrote:I have a wideband, as well as 3 step colder plugs. NGK Race plugs from a chevy boat engine (I know, strange, but they fit hondas!)

As long as your fuel system is good enough to keep you with fuel pressure 100% of the time your good. A Fuel pump upgrade would be a good idea, however stock has gotten me a far ways.
By B18cDelSlo
#97651 I'm going to give it a try and monitor it with hondata. Fuel system should be fine.

Running a fully bolt on set up with JRSC and an upgraded fuel system. Doesn't have any issues keeping up with the blower, so it should be fine.
By Death_Blooms
#97688 3 steps colder seems a bit much. What size "shot" are you throwing at it.

Make sure it's a WET kit from Zex. Dry shot doesn't add the extra fuel like the wet kit. Zex makes a good kit, prob one of the safer ones on the market. Can't beat built in window swich deal and what not.

I'm with the other guy doing a run to check AFRs. You might have to retune it a little bit
By B18cDelSlo
#97833 No, the dry does adjust fuel as well. Ties in to the fuel pressure regulator. Already have it hooked up. Just haven't filled the bottle.

I think i'm going to go ahead and retune. No point and chancing it. Plus my tuner gives a huge discount for repeat customers. $140 ftw.

Also the plugs are NGK #9s.

So 3 steps colder than stock, but 2 steps colder than stock ITR plugs. No biggy. I'm running #8s now with the blower so #9s should be good.
By chrono404
Death_Blooms wrote:3 steps colder seems a bit much. What size "shot" are you throwing at it.

Make sure it's a WET kit from Zex. Dry shot doesn't add the extra fuel like the wet kit. Zex makes a good kit, prob one of the safer ones on the market. Can't beat built in window swich deal and what not.

I'm with the other guy doing a run to check AFRs. You might have to retune it a little bit

Zet Dry kits gives more fuel using your injectors when you spray.

All Wet kits give Fuel and Nitrous at the Nozzles.

I ran a Wet kit as I liked the "tunability" of adjusting my nozzles and not having to worry about it.