Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By Grafrox
#69563 i mean really .. someone out there .. a nitrous junky is prefered .. not interested in hearing about people blowing they're sh*t up cuz they just slapped it on there .. i wanna tune it ... replace somthin ... test somthin ..

just Spray the bitch
By chrono404
#69567 Offical Nitrous Thread @ Honda-Tech - After Reading threw this all the way I was successfully able to tune Nitrous on my Car.

If your to lazy to read that(which you should do right after reading this post) Here is what you need to do. When you buy a Kit make sure you Run a WET Nitrous Kit. Makes tuning so much easier

I Started out at a 50shot, Then Bumped upto a 75shot, and am now Running custom Nozzles. I recommend starting low shots and make your way up. The only down side I have had so far is my OEM clutch took a DUMP after spraying the bottle. You will want to get a Stage 2-3 Racing clutch if your going to be spraying alot.

- Run 1 Size larger Fuel Nozzle(to be on the safe side of detonation)
- Run a 1 step colder spark plug.
- Back your distributor all the back.
- Make a quick Nitrous Run(I ran a 1-2 Gear pull spraying)
- Check plugs, CHECK ALL THE PLUGS, They should all be wet as your Running Rich.
- Slightly advance your Distributer
- Make another quick Nitrous Run(I ran a 1-2 Gear pull spraying)
- Check all plugs again. Repeat this Step until you see a "Peppering" on your plugs. Back the Distributor back a degree.

I did Exactly what I described above, I got the Advice from the Honda-Tech Article I linked to. I have ran through to many bottles to count. When I spray I Run 92/93 Octane with a full bottle of Octane Booster from Walmart dumped in my tank.

Now that you have read this go read through all 59pages of the official nitrous thread. you will have a real good understanding of Nitrous then, Before I read it I was a Nitrous Noob.
Last edited by chrono404 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Grafrox
#69586 dude . you rock ..thanx alot .. what kind of set up do you have ?? like what motor
By chrono404
Grafrox wrote:dude . you rock ..thanx alot .. what kind of set up do you have ?? like what motor

I forgot to Mention that you should run 1 stage cooler of a Spark plug when Spraying.

I have a D16z6, Running Custom Shot of Nitrous. I wont give more details then that.

I am the Fastest Single cam locally. I beat up on LS/Vtec's, B20vtecs, h22's and a few K's. When I pop the hood they cant believe theres only a Single cam. However, I have been beaten by Turbo B and H Blocks. Never Raced a Turbo K, I have been put back into my Place by a few NA K20's though. Every Turbo D I have Raced I have won.
By Grafrox
#69693 cool.. thats sounds very promising .. thanx .. and what about methenal injection ?? is that the stage 1 cooler system your talkin about??
By Grafrox
#70025 so the fe=act that my car has 155,000 miles .. shouldnt matter really??
By Grafrox
#70026 so the fe=act that my car has 155,000 miles .. shouldnt matter really??
By chrono404
Grafrox wrote:so the fe=act that my car has 155,000 miles .. shouldnt matter really??

I spray on my D16z6 that has 256,9XX Miles currently. Been spraying Safely for a good while now. Reliability is all in the Tune. My Engine is still healthy after months of nitrous runs. :thumb:
By sneeper65
#81909 is it safe to run spray on a turboed d16z6?
By chrono404
sneeper65 wrote:is it safe to run spray on a turboed d16z6?

When you spray on a boosted car you gain about double the power of your shot, For Example if you spray a 50 shot on a N/A Car you get about 50 extra hp, if you use a 50 shot on a Turbo'd car you will see closer to a 100 hp gain.

If you have forged rods then you should be safe to Spray on a Boosted z6. If you don't have forged Rods then I wouldn't I am close to the 250hp limit of the OEM Rods on the bottle alone.
By Ej2-B16a
#85904 My opinion even tho its not what you asked any nitrous system is too expensive.

If your gonna install it and just use it at the track ok thats cool but if you daily it think about it. NOS refill here in cali is 4.75 per pound. most people have a 10 pound bottle w/ tax and bullshit its 50 bucks to fill up your bottle which will last you 4-5-6 pass's at a 1/4 track DEPENDING ON THE SHOT! it could last you less or more.

over time 50 + 50 + 50 + 50 you could get a use turbo kit for 200 bucks like i did.. constant power never runs out.

I used 85 shot of "NOS" it was cool racing down the 405 freeway spanking my buddys rsx then i ran out and it was fucking useless. and the most obvious one that nitrous is the worst for your motor and thast hands down true. if you dont wanna take my word for it call these guys up in cali here their all about juice and talk to them. search them its called OREM brothers.

good luck!

edit- not to mentino if you spray your nitrous and your not under full throttle your gonna pop your intake manifold str8 off your car or say bye bye to your motor.

IMO not worth it. CHRONO dont start giving your facts and shit this is just my opinion to the guy.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#85905 lol so you can say your opinion but Chrono is forbidden from backing up his opinion with facts?

:thumbdown:
By Ej2-B16a
#85908 my opinion which are facts that nitrous is the worst type of forced induction. its not a increase its a sudden 50+80+100+ shot of horsepower instantly going thru your motor = no good.

anything that can blow your fucking intake manifold right off your car is a no no for me.

i just didnt wanna hear to typical "if you tune it properly your fine'

to nitrous there isnt much tuning expt get your fuel way the fuck up and yet you still lean out your shit.
By Ej2-B16a
#85909 basically i think Image and waste of money. but its your car and your money i did NOS and hated it but hey maybe youl like it and think its right.