Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By Ej2-B16a
#86054 first of all I know NOS is just a brand. made by Holley who are now bankrupt.

second LMAO @ the nitrous isnt forced induction ROFL!!! :lol:

no no wait actually nitrous isnt forced induction cuz NOS is a type of all motor camshaft LOL! rofl. god i love the people on this forum lol :hehe:
By teal_dx
Ej2-B16a wrote:first of all I know NOS is just a brand. made by Holley who are now bankrupt.

second LMAO @ the nitrous isnt forced induction ROFL!!! :lol:

no no wait actually nitrous isnt forced induction cuz NOS is a type of all motor camshaft LOL! rofl. god i love the people on this forum lol :hehe:

If you continue to shit in other people's threads, or shit on your own shit that you put in other people's threads.... You will be banned. This ain't H-T man.... :roll:
By chrono404
Sentry wrote:Nitrous isn't "forced induction". :thumbdown:

Nitrous is technically a Chemical Supercharger.
It add's air and Fuel through a Chemical Process, not a Mechanical Process like a Turbo or Supercharger.
:thumb:

ChicagoMike wrote:MMMMMMM 100 shot!! :twisted:

:jerkbow:
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:If you continue to shit in other people's threads, or shit on your own shit that you put in other people's threads.... You will be banned. This ain't H-T man.... :roll:

:o :oops: :o :oops: :o :oops: :o
By Ej2-B16a
#86098 im not shitting in no ones thread you just just keep noobs in check.

telling me "nitrous" isnt FORCED induction just makes this place look noobish. and how he said it like he was so confident lol. but ok! you got it
By smokinsoljah420
#86105 Image :lol:
By BAXTER_EJ1
Ej2-B16a wrote:im not shitting in no ones thread you just just keep noobs in check.

telling me "nitrous" isnt FORCED induction just makes this place look noobish. and how he said it like he was so confident lol. but ok! you got it

He wanted info on nitrous. You come in and give your opinion and say Chrono can't give his.

All of your points are wrong, so stop hating on somebody who made one wrong post about nitrous not being forced induction, it really makes you look IG'NANT.
By smokinsoljah420
#86173 :lol: :lol: thats just great! lololol!
By teal_dx
#86177 everyone who posted after Ej2-B16a.... seriously? There's no need for useless posts in the technical areas of the site. You're only bringing yourselves down to his level. Don't trash the forum for people looking for tech info :thumbdown:

This is a final warning for everybody- keep it in the Junk Yard.
By Sentry
#86240 I feel so gay having to go to wikipedia for proof, but...

Oxidizing technologies such as nitrous oxide injection systems provide improved power, but are not a form of forced induction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_induction

The intake charge isn't supercharged. It's atmospheric with an assload more oxygen.
By chrono404
Sentry wrote:I feel so gay having to go to wikipedia for proof, but...

Oxidizing technologies such as nitrous oxide injection systems provide improved power, but are not a form of forced induction.

The intake charge isn't supercharged. It's atmospheric with an assload more oxygen.

If or if not Nitrous is "Forced Induction" depends on your definition. Nitrous performs the same actions of a Super/Turbo Charger, and Adds more Oxygen(Cool Air compared to Super/Turbo Chargered Setups and Nitrogen to Help cool the Cylinder's) and Fuel(if a Wet kit) Before the Throttle body(Unless your going with Direct Port Nitrous Setup).

In my books I would call Nitrous Forced Induction, You have to arm, and activate your nitrous system to "Force"(or Release) the Nitrous Oxide and Fuel into your Intake Tubing/Manifold.

Plus calling Nitrous N/A isn't fair to the N/A guys who work much harder to produce their numbers.
By TurboHatch
chrono404 wrote:Offical Nitrous Thread @ Honda-Tech - After Reading threw this all the way I was successfully able to tune Nitrous on my Car.

If your to lazy to read that(which you should do right after reading this post) Here is what you need to do. When you buy a Kit make sure you Run a WET Nitrous Kit. Makes tuning so much easier

I Started out at a 50shot, Then Bumped upto a 75shot, and am now Running custom Nozzles. I recommend starting low shots and make your way up. The only down side I have had so far is my OEM clutch took a DUMP after spraying the bottle. You will want to get a Stage 2-3 Racing clutch if your going to be spraying alot.

- Run 1 Size larger Fuel Nozzle(to be on the safe side of detonation)
- Back your distributor all the back.
- Make a quick Nitrous Run(I ran a 1-2 Gear pull spraying)
- Check plugs, CHECK ALL THE PLUGS, They should all be wet as your Running Rich.
- Make another quick Nitrous Run(I ran a 1-2 Gear pull spraying)
- Check all plugs again. Repeat this Step until you see a "Peppering" on your plugs. Back the Distributor back a degree.

I did Exactly what I described above, I got the Advice from the Honda-Tech Article I linked to. I have ran through to many bottles to count. When I spray I Run 92/93 Octane with a full bottle of Octane Booster from Walmart dumped in my tank.

Now that you have read this go read through all 59pages of the official nitrous thread. you will have a real good understanding of Nitrous then, Before I read it I was a Nitrous Noob.

im a little confused in step 2 you say to put the dizzy all the way back, yet in step 6 you say if you see peppering to back it off another degree? if its backed up all the way how can you back it off more?
By chrono404
TurboHatch wrote:
chrono404 wrote:Offical Nitrous Thread @ Honda-Tech - After Reading threw this all the way I was successfully able to tune Nitrous on my Car.

If your to lazy to read that(which you should do right after reading this post) Here is what you need to do. When you buy a Kit make sure you Run a WET Nitrous Kit. Makes tuning so much easier

I Started out at a 50shot, Then Bumped upto a 75shot, and am now Running custom Nozzles. I recommend starting low shots and make your way up. The only down side I have had so far is my OEM clutch took a DUMP after spraying the bottle. You will want to get a Stage 2-3 Racing clutch if your going to be spraying alot.

- Run 1 Size larger Fuel Nozzle(to be on the safe side of detonation)
- Back your distributor all the back.
- Make a quick Nitrous Run(I ran a 1-2 Gear pull spraying)
- Check plugs, CHECK ALL THE PLUGS, They should all be wet as your Running Rich.
- Make another quick Nitrous Run(I ran a 1-2 Gear pull spraying)
- Check all plugs again. Repeat this Step until you see a "Peppering" on your plugs. Back the Distributor back a degree.

I did Exactly what I described above, I got the Advice from the Honda-Tech Article I linked to. I have ran through to many bottles to count. When I spray I Run 92/93 Octane with a full bottle of Octane Booster from Walmart dumped in my tank.

Now that you have read this go read through all 59pages of the official nitrous thread. you will have a real good understanding of Nitrous then, Before I read it I was a Nitrous Noob.

im a little confused in step 2 you say to put the dizzy all the way back, yet in step 6 you say if you see peppering to back it off another degree? if its backed up all the way how can you back it off more?

Lol, I forgot to add a step, after you make a run and see the plugs are "wet" then you advance your timing a hair, after maker another test run and check the plugs agian. Do this until you get peppering on your plugs.
By Sentry
chrono404 wrote:
Sentry wrote:I feel so gay having to go to wikipedia for proof, but...

If or if not Nitrous is "Forced Induction" depends on your definition. Nitrous performs the same actions of a Super/Turbo Charger, and Adds more Oxygen(Cool Air compared to Super/Turbo Chargered Setups and Nitrogen to Help cool the Cylinder's) and Fuel(if a Wet kit) Before the Throttle body(Unless your going with Direct Port Nitrous Setup).

In my books I would call Nitrous Forced Induction, You have to arm, and activate your nitrous system to "Force"(or Release) the Nitrous Oxide and Fuel into your Intake Tubing/Manifold.

Plus calling Nitrous N/A isn't fair to the N/A guys who work much harder to produce their numbers.

I don't call it NA. That's also retarded. :)

I call it a power adder.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#88352 A nitrous motor is naturally aspirated with a chemical enhancer.

It's not just plain forced induction or N/A at all, it doesn't fit into either category.