Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By chrono404
Ej2-B16a wrote:my opinion which are facts that nitrous is the worst type of forced induction. its not a increase its a sudden 50+80+100+ shot of horsepower instantly going thru your motor = no good.

I run a Wet shot of Nitrous? Why? Because Its Safe. I have all my tuning done with the Fuel Jets and my Timing.

IMO Nitrous is Much Safer then using a Turbo or Supercharger, you have less wear on your engine over time and only hit the engine with the extra power when you need it. All Performance Modifications wear the engine out sooner then if they where driven by grandma. Running at 130hp all the time then 200+hp when I want to race will leave my engine lasting me longer then Running at 200-300hp all the time with a Turbo/Super Charger. Noone can tell me that running 200-300 hp is better on there engine then running 130, and only making the horse power you want, When you want it.

not to mentino if you spray your nitrous and your not under full throttle your gonna pop your intake manifold str8 off your car or say bye bye to your motor.

:lol: Thats why you have switches to turn your nitrous system on then a Full Throttle Switch to turn on the nitrous @ Full throttle, if you back off your throttle, the switch turns off and your not longer shooting up nitrous.
so Basically your buddy blew up his Intake Manifold because he set up system Wrong. Its like me saying "My buddy put a Turbo on his car, but didn't use a intercooler with no tune and blew up his car, FUCK TURBOS! THEY BREAK YOUR STUFF!!!!!" We both know that the Turbo system didn't break his car, it was the person who set up the Turbo System that Killed the guys Car.

I know no matter what I post will change your mind, You probably used a shitty tuned Dry shot and think nitrous is now gay. I know I wont change your mind. But I am posting this so Other people will know what they need to.

Also "NOS" Is a Brand, Nitrous is called Nitrous, Not "Nos". oh! and If you Tune nitrous properly it works just fine, Just as if you tune your Turbo/Super Charger system, It works just fine.
Last edited by chrono404 on Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By smokinsoljah420
Ej2-B16a wrote: my opinion which are facts that nitrous is the worst type of forced induction. its not a increase its a sudden 50+80+100+ shot of horsepower instantly going thru your motor = no good.

Hahahaha! Yea if you hook it up the way you hook up turbos lol!!! NO GOOD!! :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING! i don't want you threatening me now lol!
By chrono404
smokinsoljah420 wrote:
Ej2-B16a wrote: my opinion which are facts that nitrous is the worst type of forced induction. its not a increase its a sudden 50+80+100+ shot of horsepower instantly going thru your motor = no good.

Hahahaha! Yea if you hook it up the way you hook up turbos lol!!! NO GOOD!! :lol: :lol: JUST KIDDING! i don't want you threatening me now lol!

You don't let up on him, Damn. :lol:
By Sentry
#86022 Nitrous isn't "forced induction". :thumbdown:
By ChicagoMike
Sentry wrote:Nitrous isn't "forced induction". :thumbdown:

Actually............it is. :thumb:

All in all, I love the juice!! I've sprayed every one of my engines, except the one thats in my car now. I've gone through, seriously, 100's of 10lb bottles. I'm actually considering putting my hatch on the bottle now. My motors hella built, I've got the AEM to tune it safely, and I've got a kit just chillin out in the garage. MMMMMMM 100 shot!! :twisted:
By Ej2-B16a
#86054 first of all I know NOS is just a brand. made by Holley who are now bankrupt.

second LMAO @ the nitrous isnt forced induction ROFL!!! :lol:

no no wait actually nitrous isnt forced induction cuz NOS is a type of all motor camshaft LOL! rofl. god i love the people on this forum lol :hehe:
By teal_dx
Ej2-B16a wrote:first of all I know NOS is just a brand. made by Holley who are now bankrupt.

second LMAO @ the nitrous isnt forced induction ROFL!!! :lol:

no no wait actually nitrous isnt forced induction cuz NOS is a type of all motor camshaft LOL! rofl. god i love the people on this forum lol :hehe:

If you continue to shit in other people's threads, or shit on your own shit that you put in other people's threads.... You will be banned. This ain't H-T man.... :roll:
By chrono404
Sentry wrote:Nitrous isn't "forced induction". :thumbdown:

Nitrous is technically a Chemical Supercharger.
It add's air and Fuel through a Chemical Process, not a Mechanical Process like a Turbo or Supercharger.
:thumb:

ChicagoMike wrote:MMMMMMM 100 shot!! :twisted:

:jerkbow:
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:If you continue to shit in other people's threads, or shit on your own shit that you put in other people's threads.... You will be banned. This ain't H-T man.... :roll:

:o :oops: :o :oops: :o :oops: :o
By Ej2-B16a
#86098 im not shitting in no ones thread you just just keep noobs in check.

telling me "nitrous" isnt FORCED induction just makes this place look noobish. and how he said it like he was so confident lol. but ok! you got it
By smokinsoljah420
#86105 Image :lol:
By BAXTER_EJ1
Ej2-B16a wrote:im not shitting in no ones thread you just just keep noobs in check.

telling me "nitrous" isnt FORCED induction just makes this place look noobish. and how he said it like he was so confident lol. but ok! you got it

He wanted info on nitrous. You come in and give your opinion and say Chrono can't give his.

All of your points are wrong, so stop hating on somebody who made one wrong post about nitrous not being forced induction, it really makes you look IG'NANT.
By smokinsoljah420
#86173 :lol: :lol: thats just great! lololol!
By teal_dx
#86177 everyone who posted after Ej2-B16a.... seriously? There's no need for useless posts in the technical areas of the site. You're only bringing yourselves down to his level. Don't trash the forum for people looking for tech info :thumbdown:

This is a final warning for everybody- keep it in the Junk Yard.
By Sentry
#86240 I feel so gay having to go to wikipedia for proof, but...

Oxidizing technologies such as nitrous oxide injection systems provide improved power, but are not a form of forced induction.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forced_induction

The intake charge isn't supercharged. It's atmospheric with an assload more oxygen.