Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By EHF22A
#318777 I was just trying to research but haven't really found anything. Im wondering if it would be safe to spray anything more than 100 shot on a single fogger wet kit? or should i just invest in a direct port setup. im trying to get everything ready before spring time hits for my build.
By JDMD15B
#321693 i would not spray any more than a 100 shot with a single fogger. i would invest in a direct port. if you do some lookin you can turn your single fogger kit into a direct port
By chrono404
JDMD15B wrote:i would not spray any more than a 100 shot with a single fogger. i would invest in a direct port. if you do some lookin you can turn your single fogger kit into a direct port

The biggest thing will be getting a good tune done. Chevy v8 guys spray 150 shot in a single fogger system. It can be done reliably.

I had a nitrous setup on an old d16z6 with dremeled out custom nozzles. I believe it was a little over a hundred shot.

The Robbie the robot calculator linked to herein our offical nitrous thread which i now stickied.

That calculator will let you figure out what jet sizes to use. I typically ran a little bit bigger fuel jet to be on the safe side.

I ran around 100shot on custom nozzles for about 2 years of drag racing on a D16z6 that had 215k. Every weekend that was decent weather(i.e. when the roads are not wet, and sometime when they are) After those 2 years I eventually took off the kit after leaving the group that raced. A year or so later it finally got rod knock having around 249k miles on it. only one bearing was bad. I replaced that one bearing set then drove the car for anouther month or two then sold the car. I spoke to the person I sold it to a month ago and the cars still running solid 3 years later.

I plan on building up another wet nitrous kit and putting it on my current DD, my 2004 WRX. I was planning on a 50 shot or so to start with as on turbo powered cars the shot doubles. An extra 100 hp with the spooling of the stock turbo would be a pretty fun setup. That combined with my AWD grip would be enough to beat up on my friends 480 whp turbo h22 civic.

the basic point of this post is you dont need direct port. While it will give better distribution then a single fogger system will, at 100 or 150 shots its not needed. If your going more then 150 I would recommend direct port.

I speak(type?) from experence that once you start out with a small shot it will quickly grown. 50 went to 75 which went to 100ish very quickly. If my engine would have supported more power then I would have gone bigger, however at that power level more power would have just meant traction issues as well as killing my engine reliability. Horse power is easy, traction is not, one of the reasons i currently drive a 04 wrx. lol
By 92dxeg
#323804 i would love to spray my high cp ratio gsr put down 195 wheel with a stock but rebuilt head i would love to do 150 with a direct port to woop my friends mk2 vrt
By EHF22A
#325284 well i decided to go direct port, for the simple fact that i picked up a whole kit PLUS a purge kit for 300 bucks. :twisted: and im just gunna start from 75 and build my way up to 150. its going on a forged internal high comp f22a, in my hatch. :thumb: