Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By 92dxeg
#290557 ok guys i have a high comprestion gsr 12.1 stocks sleeves wesco piston eagle rods.
now my question is this how much spray could i handle safley what would be best lmk thanks
By JUICE
#290617 the pistons are forged, right? that motor should be good to at least 400hp... seriously. what's it making now? I'd think that motor could take a "100 shot" all day long. high compression loves nitrous. read, read, read and read some more. the honda-tech nitrous thread in the forced induction section is full of all kinds of good info.
By 92dxeg
#290686 yes it is all forge i dont no to much about spray but i want to lern and do it i have about 200 hp now the block the only thing built building a head on the side but i was jw on how much i could handle and still be on the safe side lmk
By bigpunn421
#293980 100shot all day if its built. ive seen a 100 shot in a stock b18c run low 12s on radials. buy a nice direct injection kit. dont forget to tune.

also buy the biggest bottle you can get.

for a nice direct injected system expect to pay $1000+

bottle warmer, electric opener i would reccomend

or run a 25 dry shot with a cheap $400 starter kit so you learn nos more. just dont forget to tune. youll need injectors too if it isnt a wet kit.

so expect to pay $300 for dry kit, $500+- for tune, $300 for injectors, plugs, purge kit, bottle filled $5 per lb for 30hp gain. and it doesnt last long believe me.

or $1500+ for 100hp gain wet kit

i would buy a s/c kit used for $600-1k and tune it with bigger injectors. maybe even water/meth kit. or e85

to me nos isnt as reliable as boost. but its very fun
By 92dxeg
#295176 i was going to sc mine i few months ago but i was told my cp ratio is to high for that 12.5.1 what do guys think?
By bigpunn421
#295453 if its too high for your tuner on pump gas get a water/meth kit.

im around 11to1 compression on 10-11psi on pump gas. tuner had no problem tuning it. running safe daily tune

also people build 12to1 s/c on honda tech and other fourms.

a jrsc with 12to1 and water injection would be nasty. even low bost would be sweet.

i want to run meth injection soon and retune for it. windshield washer fluid is easy to find so is heet. thats all you need. you can even mx your own with easy to find stuff. bumps your octane to 110+ and lowers the iat. you can event une for 89oct gas w/ water/meth so its cheaper gas mpg's
By Apexracing
bigpunn421 wrote:if its too high for your tuner on pump gas get a water/meth kit.

im around 11to1 compression on 10-11psi on pump gas. tuner had no problem tuning it. running safe daily tune

also people build 12to1 s/c on honda tech and other fourms.

a jrsc with 12to1 and water injection would be nasty. even low bost would be sweet.

i want to run meth injection soon and retune for it. windshield washer fluid is easy to find so is heet. thats all you need. you can even mx your own with easy to find stuff. bumps your octane to 110+ and lowers the iat. you can event une for 89oct gas w/ water/meth so its cheaper gas mpg's

off topic but i'm glad to have you on the site. allot of good info :thumb:
By 92dxeg
#295793 well i was always told it was too high and as of right now i am like 12.1 i was told buy the shop that is buiilt my block but thats with a stock b16 head i am building a gsr head to put it on would that bump up the cp ratio more?
]
By bigpunn421
92dxeg wrote:well i was always told it was too high and as of right now i am like 12.1 i was told buy the shop that is buiilt my block but thats with a stock b16 head i am building a gsr head to put it on would that bump up the cp ratio more?
]

it depends on the cc of the chamber. if the b16 head is stock unmilled it lowers compression on b18c. so if you put a smaller cc gsr head back on it should raise compression. but if the b16 head was milled it could be close to a unmilled b18 head. youll have to measure the cc's to know for sure

you might be able to get a custom head gasket made to lower the compression. if you need to go lower. but it wont lower it much

on pump 93 gas you could run water/meth to raise the octane. because standard gas can only compress so much before it ignites itself. so the higher compression the harder to safley tune on a lower octane. so if you raise the octane you will have a safer tune. you want to stay away from pre detination.

i would look into e85 or water/meth injection if you want to boost a high compression motor.

theres guys out there running 12to1 on 6psi from jrsc kit. on pump gas no meth. it can be done. a motor with higher compression will make more power on same boost then a lower compression motor. so 12to1 with 6psi is like 10to1 on 8-9psi. so thats less strain on s/c with cooler air. because the more psi on roots s/c the more heat.

you could always sell the built motor and buy a oem motor to boost. or throw new pistons in there to lower the compression if you dont want water/meth and tuner says compression is too high for pump gas. but water/meth is simple to install and helps a bunch. cheaper mpg too. you could run %100 water or %100 meth but most choose 50/50 or 70/30
By slowj1
#295857 Depends on your piston to cylinder wall clearance also. Most motors that are built for nitrous have a bigger clearance for more expansion of the piston. If your clearances are too tight then you may have issues.