Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By CaptainSlow
#256719 I am thinking on using nitrous on my b16a2 . I would like to ask if anyone knows if the Greddy Blue piggyback can handle it or do I have to use a retard ? Also I would like to know which brand is more recommended...
I have never again used nitrous in the past even though I had powerful cars....
By forcefedEG
#256746 I put a zex kit on a friends b16 and it worked great we sprayed a 65 hit on it it performed very well, it was a dry kit though, if your buying a kit brand new is recommend spending.g the extra and getting a wet kit. There more consistant and somewhat safer if art up right as far as a timing controller or anything I've never used one on a car I've sprayed
By CaptainSlow
#256789 I was going to go for a wet kit ...I spoke with Wiseco who's pistons I will be using and they told me that even though I am going high compression I can use up to 100hp shot.... :D

I might ask some silly questions , but as I have already said first car with Nitrous.....I am thinking to buy 5lb bottles...Will the weight of the bottle change the hp ???? For example are the 5lb bottles able to give me 75hp???or even 100hp???
By chrono404
#256796 Weight of the bottle is how much nos you have with you, If you use 100 shot on a small bottle it wont last long.

Just go for a Wet nitrous kit, all the "tuning" will be done with the Nozzles. when you want more nitrous, and you will you can use a dremil and "massage the tips" i.e. make them bigger, If you use the Robbie the robot Nitrous calculator you can see how big to make your nozzle to get your HP goal.

I wouldn't waste my time on a 5lb bottle. I would recommend a NOS Sniper kit like this one. Gives you everything you need to get started. If I was going buy another kit, I would get this one myself.

I dont trust Dry nitrous kits. Dry kits require something else to control your fuel. something to wrong. Having a Wet kit makes it much more fail proof IMO.
By CaptainSlow
#256799 Thank for the help....I check everything out....I still have a lot of way to finish the car since everything will be gathered in approx 1-2months....