Discussion of the use of Nitrous on all motors
By matt is (eg6)
#161746 ok im new to the nitrous game just have some questions... i have a jdm d15b with y8 head im planning on doing a 50 shot nothing major just a little something extra in case i need it...

1. what kits have you guys bought and your thoughts on them?
2. what would be the best nitrous set up for d series?
3. anything else you can tell me that would help out because like i said before i am i nitrous virgin..

thanks
-matt
By chrono404
#161762 Make sure to go through our THIS thread. Its full of good info.

Before you spray, make sure you have a good staged clutch, My brand new oem style clutch slipped on 75shot, it wasn't long until it slipped all the time and i got a XTD Stage 3 clutch.

As for my Nitrous Kit, I Personally bought a Generic Wet kit off ebay. and ran that on my d16z6 coupe. I also started out at a 50 shot, That didn't last to long. I used a single foger and had it on the bottom of my intake tube, then had the lines cover in split loom to under my fuse box where i hid the nitrous solenoids. Making a Stealth Nitrous setup.

Since you dont have forged rods, you wont want to go over 100 shot, doing so will put you close to the limit on your rods.

Its so awesome to beat a K20 swapped eg hatch and pop your hood and see their face when they see a N/A D Series. :hehe:
By matt is (eg6)
#161831 haha i like that... thanks alot for the help is there anyway you can show me pics of your hidden stuff or is it not visible at all... i want to hide mine also
By chrono404
matt is (eg6) wrote:what kit would you recommend for my d15b??

I dont have any pics as I didn't take any when I was installing my kit, I took the kit out when I sold my purple coupe, I will be installing it into my EK Hatch in early '10 and will make a DIY article on how to make a stealth kit.

I would recommend any wet nitrous kit, mine was a generic one off ebay. Made for chevy v8's :lol: It had 50, 75, and 100 shot tips. I then bored the 75 shot tips with a dermal and made them into my custom shot.

Get one that has 50shot, 75shot and 100 shot tips, they are super easy to get for v8's and are super easy to put on your honda. When you want more power, swap out tips and redo your timing. :thumb:

If you live in the cold like I do, you will want a bottle warmer. I used a propane torch and and a pressure gauge. That works but a bottle warmer is so much nicer.
By matt is (eg6)
#162177 sweet im planning on gettin my kit and having it installed in jan or feb... do i still need to go a step down on plugs if im just spraying every once and awhile?
By JUICE
#162182 make sure you check your state laws too. they just made it a FELONY in Ohio if your pulled over for "street racing" and your car has a nitrous kit on it.
By chrono404
matt is (eg6) wrote:sweet im planning on gettin my kit and having it installed in jan or feb... do i still need to go a step down on plugs if im just spraying every once and awhile?

I would. Infact I did on my coupe. I only sprayed when racing.

You dont loose any power having a colder plug, and it will reduce your chance for detonation.

alldatJUICE wrote:make sure you check your state laws too. they just made it a FELONY in Ohio if your pulled over for "street racing" and your car has a nitrous kit on it.

That sucks, alot. Makes since, but sucks majorly.

Thankfully its not illegal in Wa! Well totally anyways, System cant be connected to the engine. I guess thats where stealth installs come in :hehe:
By matt is (eg6)
#162369 haha yeah^ oklahoma isnt very bad with the street racing laws yet....