Everything video game related - console and online, old school & new.
By egsedanguy
#179425 OK for the last week i have been having problems with my xbox live...
this is what happened.
i turned my xbox on like normal and it loaded up to the dashboard and on the box that shows your name and avitar sayd disconnected. normally it log me into live automaticaly. I clicked signe in to live. it did the loading screen for bout 15seconds and said could not connect to live test connection..WTF?
ok so i test connection. has nice sold signal to the wireless modem(linksy)
the said could not connect to internet... so i reset my router and modem and let it set for bout 3 min. also turned my xbox off. i turned all back on and tested connection and it said live is up and running. sweet. mabey just a bad signal at first.
started to play live. first i could not join anyone or except invites. :? i could invite ppl... i started a game on CODwaw nazi zombies. it was working fine for about 15 min. then it lagged really hard and signed me out of live and dropped me to the dashboard.kinda like someone just shut off the internet. i tested the connection agin and same thing. great signal to router but could not connect to internet. I reset agin and it signed on for like 10 min and then signed me off agin.. :x
I dont think its my router or modem. they seem to work fine.
I think it might be my internet.. sould i just call the provider and let them come fix it or what? its been a week and no live. :x
By chrono404
#179468 How long have you had your router? your modem? Who's your provider?

I have comcast, they will lie about their issues all the time.

I had connectivity issues, It would work sometimes, my Home Theater PC wouldn't stay connected, my netbook couldn't connect anymore, but my Palm Pre and other wireless devices can connect just fine. Swapped out my Wireless Router and no more issues. :thumb:

If you havn't tried restarting your wireless router/Modem that would the first level of trouble shooting, If you have done this and it doesn't help and if your Router/Modem is old, I would recommend swapping in a replacement.
By egsedanguy
#179940 well i figured it out on friday night. called the support line and let them help me. and it was the modem. it was fried. thats why it would connect some times then fail. the actal designe of the modem was bad and was over heating. the new on is the same just sits on it side now. so we got a brand new one for free and my live is up n running agin. also got the new forza 3 :thumb: thanks for the help tho. :woot:
By Apexracing
egsedanguy wrote:well i figured it out on friday night. called the support line and let them help me. and it was the modem. it was fried. thats why it would connect some times then fail. the actal designe of the modem was bad and was over heating. the new on is the same just sits on it side now. so we got a brand new one for free and my live is up n running agin. also got the new forza 3 :thumb: thanks for the help tho. :woot:

forza 3 :thumb:

add me please sn is solidfinish