Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By teal_dx
#70044 Some of the lower model civics came with no sway bars, front or rear. My 92 dx hatch was like this. Only a few sway bar kits out there specify "for models with out OEM front sway bar"

I bought Suspension Techniques front/rear sway bar kit for models that did not come with a front OEM sway bar.

(The other option would be to get a set of lower control arms from a civic that has a front sway bar.)

the directions for this kit were vague and not very helpful to someone who did not design the kit. I'm not a moron but I felt like a retard trying to figure out what they were talking about.

front hardware

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=766
There's the DIY thread of the installation.

There was one problem:
The piece uses a spacer inside on the top that goes around the bolt. The lower control arm that this piece mounts on tapers. it is thinner in the inside and gets thicker at the outer end. The spacer was preventing the adapter piece from sliding out far enough to get close to the end of the sway bar. I tried it every way possible- I even brought out the BFH you see in the background with no luck!

without the spacer, the bracket slid all the way to the end of the control arm, but was too lose. I needed a spacer with less diameter.

I just happened to have 2 in a junk pile! Most people won't be so lucky...

front installed- only sits about a mm below the cat. When idiling, the exhaust vibrates on the bar and makes an awful knocking noise inside & outside of the car.

rear bar & parts

The rear parts all fit.

The kit uses a bracket to connect the endlinks to the lower shock mount.

Holes on the subframe must be enlarged so attach the sway bar mounts.
Note: a subframe brace is a good idea with this setup or any larger rear sway bar!

here's the complete install of the rear bar: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=888

Overall the kit makes a big difference. The car will now lift a rear wheel much more in corners due to inceased stiffness across the body. Even entering inclined drives at an angle will usually put a rear wheel in the air, getting some strange looks from people lol.

I got the kit from Summit Racing for $220 or $240 (can't recall)

The wrong sized spacer up front and the constant vibrating on the cat would be enough of a reason for me to not buy this kit again.
Had I known, I would have waited and upgraded the control arms so I could get sway bars that are the same shape as OEM.
But other than those 2 negatives and the vague directions, I like what the kit does for handling.

On a scale of 1-10, I give this kit 7 out of 10.
By biretsu89
#74526 freakin sweet... There would be no way to fix the vibrating issue you have? This kit seems very interesting..... Good write up and great pics :thumb:
By biretsu89
#74646 Alright 8) .. what exhaust made it fit?
By Eli'sEG94
#74696 Good work mang, I've been looking at this kit for a while but sorta thinking really hard now after seeing your experience with it, if you are not a Moron like you said and know how to work your way around the shop and with tools I'm hopeless :( Don't get me wrong I'll probably try it to learn, I love to learn, it's just that sometimes I'd rather get it done right then mess something else up under there.