Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By civicexracer
#316519 Here's a comparison of my old Magnaflow muffler to my new Maxflow muffler.

I had the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust on my car for a good 6 years. After years of abuse, it was beginning to show. First I had a weld crack on the resonator. Got that patched up real quick. Then the hangers on the muffler broke off at the welds. Part of the reason these happened was probably due to the motor mount inserts I have. Making the whole exhaust shake and with no flex pipe, putting strain on the welds. The other was probably some slight rust around the welds on the muffler. The rest of the exhaust piping is still in good shape so I decided to leave the piping alone, keep the Magnaflow resonator and just weld in the new Maxflow muffler. This is also with the stock cat in there and DC Sports 4-2-1 header.

Overall, the Maxflow muffler sounds waaaay better. It is quieter throughout the RPM's. It has a nice deep tone to it, no rasp to it at all surprisingly. It does not drone inside the car, I can listen to my music and talk with ease now. With a 2.25" slant cut tip instead of the 4" tip, it looks much much better. The Maxflow is also slightly lighter than the Magnaflow muffler. And the guy who installed this muffler said I'd probably gain a tiny bit more power due to the design of the Maxflow over the Magnaflow.

Got this video before and after I replaced the Magnaflow. I shot the video with a GoPro Hero and also a regular point & shoot Canon camera so you could get the best idea of how these sound.

http://youtu.be/_G1fAeVpjRU

Couple of pictures.
Old Magnaflow. The hole is where the hanger used to be.
During installation of the Maxflow. Notice my bumper is messed up around the lip. That's due to the massive 4" tip from the Magnaflow melting away the plastic...:x
Straight shot with the tip on.