Installed a part on your Civic and want to give your opinion? Please do here!
By Ajax1989
#259030 Well some of you know I just got Function Form Type 1's

and everyone is asking how they ride and how much they are and what not

so here is my opioin..

i got them cheaper then most of you can prob find them for
$550 brand new in box, so that was a bonus

and they ride IS amazing, not to stiff but not to bouncy,
i can take turns faster then i was, and she handles like a beast

i should have gotten these when i 1st lowered my car
so to anyone that ask, there deff worth buying and if your gonna do suspension work, do it right the 1st time or dont do it at all

so that said, if anyone else here has Function Form coilovers
bein the Type 1's or 2's or the 2.5's<-- adjustable spring rates(eibach springs) and adjustable damping, so pretty much the type 2's with adjustable spring rates...

LET HEAR YOUR INPUT!!!!!!
By egcivicboy
#269755 I've got my FF type 1s in the backseat waiting to put them on till i pick up some ball joints that i have to replace. Pretty excited to see what they do.
By eg-guy
#269972 are the f&f type 1s still holding up good. Is the ride bouncy at all, or more stiff i want a somewhat aggressive spring rate, cause im sick of bouncing all over the place.

These are on jhpusa for $609 shipped, im really considering these.
By rtegra92
#270003 i have been autoxing on them for 2 years now, (type 1s)
they have been great, i would maybe try to have a little tighter spring rate on the front if i was picky,
but over all great bang for the buck
By Ajax1989
#271429 there a real good daily coilover.. i prob have the worst roads here in socal
and the ride is amazing :thumb:
By eg-guy
#274569 I spoke with jhpusa to find the function and form type one spring rates for 92-95 civic.

8k front 10k rear

hope this helps someone
By EJ1_MK
eg-guy wrote:I spoke with jhpusa to find the function and form type one spring rates for 92-95 civic.

8k front 10k rear

hope this helps someone

That is odd, they told you that its 8k f and 10k r ? most setups are 10k f and 8k r the heavier spring usually goes in the front to help support the motor. But progressive is similar with 350 f and 500 r.
By eg-guy
#274586 ^^thanks for that info, i just called f2autolife.com costumer service and they say its 10k front 6k rear. WTF which is it?

weaksauceparts.com also says its 10k front 6k rear.

gsmotortrends.com says 10k f 8k rear

1320performancestore.com says 8k f 6k r

This link has the spring rate charts(scroll down the page), my computer can't read the file. can anyone post the chart on here?
http://www.f2autolife.com/frequently-asked-questions
By Ajax1989
#275757 imma go ahead and say the acutal function help line is correct

you can order 2.5's which is a type 2 but you chose you spring rate.. which they use eibach srpings..
By egcivicboy
#275824 I finally got my type 1s on i love it. thats my input.
By Ajax1989
egcivicboy wrote:I finally got my type 1s on i love it. thats my input.

nice!!! there a good daily coilover
By skateruptown
#276087 put my F&F type 1s with the F&F LCA's 2 months ago, best bang for you buck.
By eg-guy
94_jdm_ferio wrote:the ride IS amazing, i should have gotten these when i 1st lowered my car so to anyone that ask, there deff worth buying and if your gonna do suspension work, do it right the 1st time or dont do it at all

x2

F&F type 1's= WIN!!!
By eg-guy
#293061 My input on these after 1k miles(with about 30-50 miles of getting beat on around turns). quick info: there turned all the way down without messing with preload.

They're a little too soft for how low i am. They do ride relatively comfortable tho, upper control arms(camber kit) hit shock towers but not much at all just over big bumps(i smile when they hit). IMO these are great for beginers to daily drive on, or for complete slammage.

However, i doubt they'll last long on a race track.